The OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 compatible 2.4Ghz transmitter module offers a simple and convenient way to utilize your module-based JR compatible transmitter with DSMX/DSM2compatible receivers. Simply replace your stock module with this and you are ready to bind to any DSMX/DSM2 compatible receiver.
Features: • Standard JR compatible 5-pin connection (works with any JR compatible module-based transmitter) • Offer 4 operating modes: DSM2 1024/22ms, DSM2 2048/11ms, DSMX 22ms, DSMX 11ms • Easy to access bind button • Range check mode
Specs: Compatibility: 5-pinJR compatible module-based transmitters 2.4Ghz protocol: DSMX/DSM2 Voltage input: 6~15VDC Power: 100mW Range: Full range system
Module uses a unique Global ID for binding. In case of binding issues with other branded receivers press the "Change ID" button on module to change the Module ID to another unique value reserved for that module (5 ID's assigned to each module).
There are over 4 billion unique ID's assigned to OrangeRx modules.
*Note: 1) This is not a Spektrum DSM2/X product, nor is it a copy of a Spektrum DSM2/X product. The Spektrum and DSM2/X brand is a trademark of Horizon Hobbies USA. 2) This is not an underground black market fake Spektrum product. OrangeRx quality is guaranteed. 3) Accepted by the MAAA in Australia, see the MAAA MOP58 for guidance
Today mine stopped working. After a successful flight, I turned on my taranis with the orangerx module in place and got no beep, and the light stays on about a second, off about a second, on about a second, off about a second... it does this every time I turn it on now. Anyone have a fix?
Thanks in advance.
I have a 9x tx and just purchased this module for it to bind to spectrum rx and boards. The problem im having when i bind to rx the channels seem to be mixed, i change to mode 2 exit turn off tx to bind once its bound throttle channel ends up on channel 1 when it should be on 3. Has anyone else hahad this problem also? Solutions? Is it a firmware issue or bad module? Thanks for any and all help.
There is NO model match with the combination of this Orange module with my Taranis TX and a Spektrum RX.
Aces all around. I have two that I am using in turnigy 9x radios. One is running er9x and the other is running open9x and they both work perfectly. Range tests are flawless. Works with every single dsm2/dsmx receiver I have tried so far. The case is quality plastic, the screws aren't soft metal, the antenna is nice and sturdy, the electronics/traces are all soldered very clean and nice. Highly recommend this one!
Recieved my today and it just drops into the turnigy 9x. Binding is same as spektrum and works floor less. I recommend this unit.
No comments. Reply..
Having overcome the ch2 issue (somewhat), I test flown using the module.
Tx=Turnigy 9x flashed with Er9x.
4ch with Ailerons on Ch2
Frame length had to be changed to 18.5ms from the deafault 22.5ms for Ch2 to work normally. Otherwise, Ch2 is sluggish.
Rx=Orange 6ch DSM
- Orange plastic is of good quality with 4 machine screws securing the lid. - One drawback is the antenna position at the bottom-right (1) without a tx stand, the tx will be resting on the antenna (2) at 90deg upright, the antenna is directly behind the tx handle - this is in the antenna nearfield and will most certainly interfere with the antenna pattern.
- Inside the module, the antenna is attached to the pcb via a small coaxial plug and a short length of cable (read: able to move position of antenna if 1 wishes...).
- Pcb is held in place by carefully positioned standoffs built into the casing.
- I had problems locking the module into the module compartment on my 9x, only one of the clip clicks into place. I suspect this is due to the height of the connection pins. Nonetheless, i feel that the module is secure enough.
- I had no binding issues with the orange rx.
- I was also able to change the operation mode by following the little instruction sheet that came with the module.
- With the Frame length fix i read in a post by Gemini, all channels work well indoors
Hooked it on to my Futaba 8FG to enable PNP stuff. After some wiring and channel remapping it worked. Posted a video on youtube, watch ID CfdCuRmx0jc if link wont show up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfdCuRmx0jc
1 comment. Reply..
okay, i got this just a few days ago. ch2 aileron is glitch, and i would not fly with it. however, remapping aileron to ch5, and then ch 5 to alieron and it works just fine. but losing 1 ch is why im giving 'quality' as 3 stars. this is still a five star product in my opinion.
i have contact hobbyking warrenty desk and we shall see what happens. i still really want my aileron channel back!