Want to buy it for my mini rally, but i've noticed that these dogbones are flat on photo/ When I got my car it has all four dogbones a little bit bended at almost middle of the shaft. Should I bend these after buing? Thanks in advance.
Gtrain, I got my brand new car and ALL dogbones was little bit bended so I was thinking that's a feature, not a bug... So you say that all of them should be straight like on ptoho here? If so I need to replace all of them with streight ones?
They should be straight, but I wouldn't worry about replacing them if they're not falling out of the drive cups.
Bent dogbones will still deliver the same RPM to the wheels!
I'd stock a few replacements though, I've lost a few on rough tracks
while the steel outdrives are on back order, you could also wrap the drive with some thin wire, then super glue that to the outdrive
I had exactly the same problem as you, but found shrink wrap to just break as well... I've not had the problem since
Hope this helps :)
If you have some heat shrink tube you can cut little pieces and shrink them over the dogbone. I did this with mine and it works a treat. I found that once the dogbone found its way out it kept falling out every time. Problem is now gone and easy to fix if you have a major...
I would simply adjust your controller to reduce maximum steering input - this works well for my car and it hasn't lost a dogbone so far at all. I'd start at around 75pcnt or original steering travel - this will still give good turning, just not tight spinning :)
Anyone know where else to get something compatible? On my first day with the 118B I broke a front A-Arm and lost a dogbone. Put everything together, but am still running 2WD, but a 1/18 brushless 2WD == hard to handle when it goes, and too easy to get stuck in even light grass.
Did you adjust your endpoint on the Tx? I had the same problem and ran it 2WD for a few minutes. It just spins around. Adjusting endpoint makes it a little better, but that takes away a lot of the fun. I lost my dogbone in the first 5 minutes of driving and I recovered it. Took a little steel wire to "tie" it to the frame. It still releases once in a while, but I never lose it. I know it's loose when my steering is all messed up.
Someone else made a suggestion of putting shrinktube on the drivecups that hold the dogbones. I was sick of losing dogbones and I noticed the drivecups taking damage too, so I tried out the suggestion and I haven't lost a dogbone since! It does take some time to take the truck apart to do all this, but it pays in the end. No more lost dogbones and no more 'downtime' in the field.