Please confirm your location:

USA warehouse now open.
Our USA warehouse is now open! Low cost shipping and an ever growing variety make ordering from the US warehouse even better value!
  Item found in the following categories;
> Multi-Rotors & Parts > Flight Controller
> Robotics & DIY > Arduino

RATED:

MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module

The MultiWii PRO is a gyro/accelerometer based flight controller that is loaded with features. This version of the MultiWii supports direct connection of a GPS module (package includes MTK 3329 GPS module) allowing for ultra-precise positioning functionality. With expandability options and full programmability, this device can control just about any type of aircraft. This is the ideal flight controller for your multi-rotor aircraft.

Features:
(MultiWii PRO)
• SMD component design with Atmega2560
• ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro
• BMA180 Accelerometer
• BMP085 Barometer
• HMC5883L Magnetometer
• Servo output for camera pitch and roll control
• Supports direct connection of GPS module (MTK 3329 GPS module included)
• On-board USB connection for programming

(MTK 3329 GPS Module)
• Based on MediaTek Single Chip Architecture.
• L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 channels
• High Sensitivity, Up to -165dBm tracking, providing superior urban performance
• DGPS(WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS) support (optional by firmware)
• USB/UART Interface
• Supports AGPS function (Offline mode: EPO valid up to 14 days)

Specs:
(MultiWii PRO)
Mounting: Standard Mk style mounting holes 45mm X 45mm
Dimensions: 70x50x12mm
Weight: 16g

(MTK 3329 GPS module)
Position Accuracy: < 3m CEP (50%) without SA (horizontal)
Cold Start: under 35 seconds (Typical)
Warm Start: under 34 seconds (Typical)
Hot Start: under 1 second (Typical)
Power Consumption: 48mA @ acquisition, 37mA @ tracking
Shut-down current consumption: 15uA, typical
Dimensions: 30x26x7mm
Weight: 8g

*Note:
See instructions on how to enable GPS function located under the "Files" tab.

Package content:
MultiWii PRO FC x 1
MTK 3329 GPS Module x 1
GPS module connection leads x 1
Main board connection leads x 1
USB connection cable x 1

More information can be found on the Multiwii Website.
http://www.multiwii.com

PRODUCT ID: 387000003

This product available from a warehouse near you!

Weight: 78g Quantity: 
International Warehouse
stock
10+
USA West Warehouse In Stock View Item
USA East Warehouse In Stock View Item
Price $64.99

acc.
  • Case Set For MultiWii PRO Flight Controller And MTK GPS Module

Combo Price: $7.41   IN STOCK

Further discounts available for registered & logged-in customers.
 Customer rated
crowns

Total of 2954 discussions.
Gordon  306 points - 10/1/2014

Wow, Three axis gimbal = Can of worms. My DYS gimbal itself works great, but the Basecam controller leaves much to be desired - Faulty YAW hardware that is unaddressed....Devastating bugs in all recent versions of the software, unaddressed. No replacement parts. Alex Mos. needs to get his act together.
 majik01 6456 points
Keep the hair in your head ... need that for later ... just for with HK controller or the WSpy two axis controller loaded with Simple BCG 2_2b2 null version (Google it ...). Pay attention to how the sensor is installed in the Spy guide ...very important. Update the firmware and tune the parameters ...
BEST ANSWER CREDIT AWARDED
 Gordon 306 points
It's more fun than that. In 2.3 the yaw won't let you extend it past 45 deg. In 2.4, the yaw doesn't work at all! 2.2 I have not tried - I'm busy cutting the slot in the camera plate for the video out connector. They forgot. And then there 's the fritzy yaw board. Does anyone make a good 3 axis controller that not too pricy?
 Gordon 306 points
BTW, when it does work, it works very well indeed. I think it does it just to suck you in and then, BAM! It quits, just when the girl in the bikini come along...
 majik01 6456 points
There is a setting in the BCG GUI to extend the tilt range beyond 45 degrees ... I was able to get my gimbal to look down directly ... I forget what the tab is called but if you do not make the change, the gimbal goes into spasms.
 Gordon 306 points
Yep, I know that setting. Every time you change in 2.3, it just goes back to 45 deg. It's only the yaw. I was reading in rcgroups and its a known bug. Both issues are known. My fault for not reading more, first.
 Gordon 306 points
Except for the known issues it has worked ok when it works. I just figured it would be more sorted out since there seem to be a lot of them out there. We needed to get moving because we were missing opportunities so I pull the trigger without much research. Bad Idea.
iamwally  1 points - 9/29/2014

Arming problem! Board will arm with sticks as long as I do not have any aux settings. If I set aux settings at all it will no llonger arm with sticks or even aux switch setting. Very weird and driving me crazy! Any ideas? I am running EOSBANDI 2.3 Navi B7 on it. Thx
 Moochasas 1595 points
IAW how many times have you modified or changed your sketch?..... have you over written the program settings..... reason is that some people modify and change settings re-uploading their sketch and then the board will have issues...... so can I suggest you clear the eprom and re-upload your sketch ensuring you have all the correct settings done before you hit upload...... failing that to answer your Q there shouldnt be any relation to the AUX and the arming unless you have ARM as a AUX setting as well as having it selected in your sketch...... you may also have a mix setting in your radio that is preventing you from arming such as a min throttle mix on a duel rate which could be restricting the stick from reaching the arm set point..... I hope all that makes sense....... recap..... I would clear the sketch and re-upload and I would also check the radio for mixes...... let us know how you go on..... cheers
 majik01 6456 points
To add ... sometimes the mundane act of arming can be daunting ... to add to Mooch's notes ... if after you still cannot arm, can I suggest you download and upload MWC 2.2 official for now ... it's stable and does not have the gotchas of the MWC 2.3 Nav beta release. To echo Mooch, Radio with no mixes, center trims and calibrate the sticks. If still no arm, take a look at the posted document "what to do when you board does not arm" in the Files section. If you have a S p e k t r u m radio, this is a common concern addressed by adjusting the endpoints. If and when you can get your board to arm, then reload MWC 2.3 Nav - but beware of the gotcha's ... Rx input type, GPS settings, Mag Dec to name the easy ones to come to my head.
Jonas  2 points - 9/28/2014

My compass is not right. Theres no bid diffrence between south and west - i already calibrated at least 1000 times now :( Any hints? :(
 majik01 6456 points
Just asking ... how do you calibrate the compass? a) It has to be rotated 360 degress along its three axis away from any magnetic fields ot metallic objects within 30 seconds or one minute depending on what methodology you use. b) If you have a power distribution board, take it out and replace it with a power harness running the wires along the edge of the board and not under it. c) make sure you have no magnetic sources on board near the compass ... i.e. buzzers, servos, screws/nuts, shields. There is a reason people build with stainless steel and nylons screws and nuts ... to avoid magnetic interference.
 Jonas 2 points
Dear Majk, exactly as you said. Rotate it 360 degrees along its three axis. Unfortunately I have to admit I alwys did inside. Also you're right - I'm using a power distribution board but even if I do not power through lipo - will the distri board intefere? Will I be able to connect an external HMC5883L to some port? At the moment I have a Neo-6M?! (the one without compass) and a BT 2.1 connected to the board via UART. I also have an HC-SR04 laying around on my desk that I'd like to use (even if its only for virtualisation purpose). Thanks in advance for your great support! Jonas
 majik01 6456 points
Fly your board with the on-board sensors ... they do a good job. You WILL have issues with your power distribution board later on - this is something the Hox's here have found out ... not even a magnetic shield helps. Enable / connect your BT (HC-SR04) on Serial 1 (need to add pin outs) so you can use Serial 0 for USB ... then if you can connect wirelessly, then you can calibrate outdoors without a problem. Make double, triple sure you have no magnetic sources around your board ... I would even challenge you to remove your FC and see if see this behavior while the board is not installed ... calibrate and rotate the board. If the compass anomaly goes away, look at your frame for the cause ... if the anomaly continues, contact Customer Support ...
 Jonas 2 points
Hi Maik, BT is working already on Serial 1. What doesnt work is the HC-SR04 (Ultrasonic). I'm not sure if I should connect it to IIC or on some Arducopter I've read something about parts of D9 and D10. Got any clue? I'll try tomorrow and dismount the board and recalibrate outside - good hint! I'll report! Thanks! Jonas
 majik01 6456 points
Sorry ... the HC-SR04 is a sonar unit - which I also use for avoidance robots .. The sonar units cannot be used wth MWC for now ... with MPNG yes.
 Moochasas 1595 points
And reading the US specs its only good for around 300mm or 1' in the old.....
Anatoliy  3 points - 9/26/2014

One last question about gimbal for Mwii. There is a thing in GUI in mission planning called POI (point of interest) Am I right thinking that if I connect servo gimbal to Mwii then the camera will actually lock on POI? And the copter will turn towards POI in a headfree mode? And if it is, then I understand that there is the same option in brushless gimbal controller too) Thanks)
 majik01 6456 points
BLG controllers have a 3 axis variant - meaning you can turn the camera on the horizontal plane (yaw control) to point to a particular spot / direction but it will not be fixed to that spot since the copter sensors (GPS or mag sensor) of the copter are not connected/related to the BLG function. If your camera is oriented with the copter and waypoint POI is enabled, the copter i.e. camera will point to a fixed spot (like heading hold) - as a function of the copter's flight capabilities ... not the BLG. Which is why, professional video productions have two people involved ... the pilot and the camera operator ... to make sure the camera is pointed to the subject matter despite changes in direction and/or altitude.
 Anatoliy 3 points
Thanks got it.)))
Trevor  7 points - 9/26/2014

Ok another Dumb question..I would like to get my quad up and running with as few problems as possible..What Will happen if I load the MultiWii 2.3 MTK GPS Working sketch into my copter? Am I going to have more of those COM port issues or will it get my GPS up and running with as few tweaks as possible? Again.. Sorry for the ignorance...
 majik01 6456 points
If you use the sketch you downloaded from here, and you are using the MKT, your GPS will not work as the sketch was configured for the UBLOX GPS unit. ... so ... you need to have the following lines uncommented a) NMEA b) Init_MKT c) Serial 2 and d) Baud rate 115200 ... Connection should be Rx-Tx, Tx-Rx, 5v-5v, Grd-Grd ... look carefully at the pin description and do not rely on the wire colors. Elevate your GOS unit at least 10cm from the board and keep the wires away from any electrical components. Lastly, input the magnetic declination for your location .. there is a posted document in the Files section that explains how to compute mag dec properly. Before you take your quad for a test, make sure the motor connections are correct, the motor direction correct and the props properly attached ... refer to the posted "motor plan" as a guide. The only dumb questions are those not asked ...
 Trevor 7 points
once again.. Thank you!!
Customer Reviews
Create an account
Overall Rating
skyfox60
1033 likes
Value
Quality
Like it?
Great unit, with all the features you need for your MC. And the price is awsome, so normally, you cannot make a mistke on buying this unit.If you buy this features in europe, you will pay 3 times as much or more. For the HK price, you get at least the gps module ( sometimes ) but not incluiding the board, wich has a big and powerfull processor also. So another time, where HK makes our hobby affordable. This is what the MC-Flyers need to upgrade their machines.

42 comments. Reply..

Overall Rating
Denise
35 likes
Value
Quality
Like it?
Received the board today from HobbyKing . After reading about all the broken Micro USB connectors on other FC like the Crius AIOP , I had a good look at the USB connector BEFORE connecting anything. The micro USB connector is soldered to the board at the rear corners and also has 2 tabs half way down the sides. Close inspection reveals that it does NOT have a lot of solder to hold it in place and YES it is likely to break off without some extra solder. The side tabs do not appear to have been well soldered, my guess, surface mount automated soldering has not applied sufficient heat to get the solder flowing well around the tabs which are part of the larger metal connector shell, using a fine tipped soldering iron, care is required specially on the side near the pin headers, re soldered the metal tabs and also the rear corners of the connector, I don't think it will come off now. Do keep in mind that is a very small connector and the cable can be used to apply sufficient leverage to rip it clean off the board, no amount of extra solder will prevent that, so be real careful not to apply sideways forces to the cable when plugged into the board. The quality of the board, the soldering of all the other components, I can't fault it, all looks excellent. Lots of information now in the files tab for the product at HobbyKing. I connected the GPS to Serial 2, and the flashing LED

9 comments. Reply..

Create an account
Overall Rating
PAc3R
45 likes
Value
Quality
Like it?
Great Board. Using Multiwii Dev, and The AdruCoper Firm. Position hold, works... ok. for the price who cares!! Pressure sensor, old, but will work ok with foam mounted over sensor.

No comments. Reply..

Create an account
Overall Rating
majik01
6423 likes
Value
Quality
Like it?
Flies very well with the MWC 2.1 sketch. Other are trying MPNG and are close to success ...

2 comments. Reply..

Overall Rating
Harri
43 likes
Value
Quality
Like it?
today i had my first flight with this board! I have megapirate on it and its working fine:) will try to make som video soon.

2 comments. Reply..

.....click here to see all reviews
Aff. Link