Please confirm your location:

USA warehouse now open.
Our USA warehouse is now open! Low cost shipping and an ever growing variety make ordering from the US warehouse even better value!
  Item found in the following categories;
> Multi-Rotors & Parts > Flight Controller
> Robotics & DIY > Arduino

RATED:

MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module

The MultiWii PRO is a gyro/accelerometer based flight controller that is loaded with features. This version of the MultiWii supports direct connection of a GPS module (package includes MTK 3329 GPS module) allowing for ultra-precise positioning functionality. With expandability options and full programmability, this device can control just about any type of aircraft. This is the ideal flight controller for your multi-rotor aircraft.

Features:
(MultiWii PRO)
• SMD component design with Atmega2560
• ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro
• BMA180 Accelerometer
• BMP085 Barometer
• HMC5883L Magnetometer
• Servo output for camera pitch and roll control
• Supports direct connection of GPS module (MTK 3329 GPS module included)
• On-board USB connection for programming

(MTK 3329 GPS Module)
• Based on MediaTek Single Chip Architecture.
• L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 channels
• High Sensitivity, Up to -165dBm tracking, providing superior urban performance
• DGPS(WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS) support (optional by firmware)
• USB/UART Interface
• Supports AGPS function (Offline mode: EPO valid up to 14 days)

Specs:
(MultiWii PRO)
Mounting: Standard Mk style mounting holes 45mm X 45mm
Dimensions: 70x50x12mm
Weight: 16g

(MTK 3329 GPS module)
Position Accuracy: < 3m CEP (50%) without SA (horizontal)
Cold Start: under 35 seconds (Typical)
Warm Start: under 34 seconds (Typical)
Hot Start: under 1 second (Typical)
Power Consumption: 48mA @ acquisition, 37mA @ tracking
Shut-down current consumption: 15uA, typical
Dimensions: 30x26x7mm
Weight: 8g

*Note:
See instructions on how to enable GPS function located under the "Files" tab.

Package content:
MultiWii PRO FC x 1
MTK 3329 GPS Module x 1
GPS module connection leads x 1
Main board connection leads x 1
USB connection cable x 1

More information can be found on the Multiwii Website.
http://www.multiwii.com

PRODUCT ID: 387000003

This product available from a warehouse near you!

Weight: 78g
Quantity: 
International Warehouse
stock
USA West Warehouse In Stock View Item
USA East Warehouse In Stock View Item
Price  $64.99

acc.
  • Case Set For MultiWii PRO Flight Controller And MTK GPS Module

Combo Price: $7.41   IN STOCK

Further discounts available for registered & logged-in customers.
 Customer rated
crowns

Total of 3325 discussions.
Peetu  23 points - 3/28/2015

Hey where can I buy the gps module seperately because mine does not work, I connected it wrong way and it blew up *(
 majik01 7218 points
Get the $20 Ublox Neo-6M unit here from HK ... the sketch needs to be changed so come back when you get your new unit.
Steven  1 points - 3/27/2015

Hey can anyone help me, by telling me what type of connector the board to usb is. Thanks in Advance
 Ronny82 13 points
The USB connection on the board is a Micro-B type. a USB cable is included in this package.
 Moochasas 1820 points
Steve the type is a micro ..... there are 2 types of USBs.. Micro and mini..... mini has the larger opening and micro has the smaller...
SDODD  14 points - 3/25/2015

Hi, I got my Multiwii board from HK and returned to the steps for setting it up for a Tri. I also have a few bone head questions. I installed Arduino 1.0.4 as per the version discussion. I also got WinGUI 2.3 Pre8. I also attached the MTK 3329 GPS Module until I get around to a better GPS. I added the receiver and connected to the USB port. WinGUI found the device on port 7 and the FlightDeck and GPS began reporting. There is quite an error for magnetic north but I assume that is configurable. So that all worked. But I am right back to confusions over these issues again with the sketch. I tried several sketches but could not get then to compile over a "****" error among others. I could find no reference to **** in the code. What is my problem with compiling sketches? Also the receiver is not powered. Does it have to have battery? I avoided trying that as I think I saw a warning to not hook up battery and computer. I was planing to use and SBEC for powering things including the yaw servo. I don't know how to wire that. I completed a wiring harness for the morters and yaw servo. But I am not how to include the SBEC. What are your suggestions at this point? Thanks for the help.
 majik01 7218 points
Use MWC 2.3 official (unless you are a tester ...). Your receiver connections are probably the issue - signal wire inner, power center, ground outer. Hard to say what a ***** error. I assume you cannot compile properly. What are the parameters you set for Arduino 1.0 4 - board and serial port. Tell us what you have uncommented on the sketch ( not the whole sketch) only the lines you touched - should be frame = tricopter, sensor = FFIMUv2, arm = yaw throttle, no CPPM. Lets not talk about GPS for now ... we just want to get your sketch to compile.
BEST ANSWER CREDIT AWARDED
 SDODD 14 points
Yes I tried to find WinGUI 2.3 Official but everything went to Google WinGUI 2.3 Pre8. Anyway that is working. At least enough to see the board and record data transfer over port 7. You are correct the wiring to the receiver was wrong. Old eyes. I tried several times to report the compiling error here. But this message board stared it out. The error is J a v a. I could not find J a v a in the code or include files. I have not changed the sketch file(s) at all. I tred a couple of them. Now I see there are board selections and mine is defaulted to Arduino uno. I don't think that is valid. I think the compiler is not happy with a comment closure.
 SDODD 14 points
Well Arduino compiles other sketches. So it must just be an issue of where the files are and that can probably be fixed by messing around with it.I still can only find WinGUI 2.3 Pre8 which runs. All the others don't. I may have a more general problem with J a v a on my computer. So I will star with a new sketch even if I have to put it together myself tomorrow.
 majik01 7218 points
Arduino runs on J a v a and I would suggest installing the 32 and 64 bit version of the software. I'm surprised only one MWC version compiles properly - in my experience using the IDE 1.04 program works for MWC and the robotic projects I have made - except the one using an Amtel 128 board that required the very first release of Arduino that did not use the " *.ino " extension ... which pretty much dates me ...
 SDODD 14 points
My friends call this versioneitis. It is the disease of development as different contributors each work with different versions making their efforts specific to a particular software release. This all is strictly controlled n professional environments where they tend to use the older versions only. Anyway, yes J a v a has to be working and it too releases a new version every few day. We can also add to the complication with various firewall issues getting in the way. I have a very nice and powerful machine. But sometimes going back to one of my earliest boxes helps. Anyway, when I'm through working I'll start sorting it out.
 majik01 7218 points
Pssst ... between you and me, I also have a ThinkPad loaded with WinXP just in case I need to run programs without the hassle of missing DLL's ...sure it's slow but it gets the job done. Can't install the latest anti-virus program because I'm sure that will bring this machine to its knees ... so it is seldom connected to the net and very briefly if ever.
 SDODD 14 points
Yes the lab I had at the university had lots of older machines we kep around just for simple projects. A am convinced that we now have five generations of programmers who have done nothing but insure they are busy all the time making work that needs not be done.
 SDODD 14 points
So my friend I got a fresh copy of Arduino and MultiwiGUI on an older machine and they seem to run fine. I have not gotten around to working with a serious sketch. But if I could ask which sketch of the files section is the proper default for all the multi systems? I want to work with a final example and skip past all the variations.
 majik01 7218 points
Download a default MWC 2.3 official from the MWC download site. Uncomment frame (quadcopter) and sensor FFIMUv2 then test compile. If no error, try to upload (clear EERPROM first) then see if you get errors. If none you are ready to go.
 SDODD 14 points
Again and again I go looking for MWC Official and get sent to sites which do not have it. Is there a site with a complete IP address I am not seeing in the states?
 majik01 7218 points
Go here "h t t p s :// code.google. c o m/ p/ multiwii/ " remove the spaces. Again for now, use MWC 2.3 official. The MWC 2.4 has some gotchas that are spelled out in the release notes. 2.4 has waypoints integrated but needs the MWC 2.3 Wingui for waypoints.
 SDODD 14 points
So I am getting three errors. It won't allow a cut and paste here. But here are the essentials: core.a(main.cpp.0): In function 'main': C:\Users ...\arduino-1.0.4\hardware\arduino/main.ccp:5: undefined reference to 'setup' C:\Users ...\arduino-1.0.4\hardware\arduino/mail.ccp:15: undefined reference to 'loop' main seems to be in place in the correct directory as is arduino.h
 majik01 7218 points
Looks like Ardunio cannot find the files it needs to work properly. Tell me what file in the Multiwii uncompressed sub-directory you are opening in Arduino ? Should be the Multiwii.ino and nothing else.
 SDODD 14 points
Well the directory with Arduino 1.04 has several things in it none of them MultiWii. This again speaks to the confusion over getting MultiWii 2.3 official. I still never found such a file for download on the google site. I do have MultiWii 2.3 Pre8 working in another directory. In the arduino directory with the errors I am working with a sketch for various copters which would seem to be the correct configuration selections. But it is the one which won't compile.
Ray BlueSky  6 points - 3/24/2015

I had a quick attempt to set up a board for a flying wing, I thought it would be easy enough to setup Config H and run Gui and check for active D pins... However none of the pins made the servos move, so the question is what pins should I use and do I need to change anything in Config H to make it spark into action, Cheers Ray
 majik01 7218 points
Patrick E (developer) mentions " to use D7 on Mega boards you need to use MWii V2.4" - not sure what that means but his diagram shows D7/D6 for Wing 1 and Wing 2 and in config.h to comment //#define MEGA_HW_PWM_SERVOS. Documentation is very sketchy but I got the delta wing configuration to work for the AIOP on D11/D12 (which I had lying around) and configured that for a monster truck using flashed HKF20 ESC's to power brushed motors.
Customer Reviews
Create an account
Overall Rating
skyfox60
1132 likes
Value
Quality
Like it?
Great unit, with all the features you need for your MC. And the price is awsome, so normally, you cannot make a mistke on buying this unit.If you buy this features in europe, you will pay 3 times as much or more. For the HK price, you get at least the gps module ( sometimes ) but not incluiding the board, wich has a big and powerfull processor also. So another time, where HK makes our hobby affordable. This is what the MC-Flyers need to upgrade their machines.

42 comments. Reply..

Overall Rating
Denise
37 likes
Value
Quality
Like it?
Received the board today from HobbyKing . After reading about all the broken Micro USB connectors on other FC like the Crius AIOP , I had a good look at the USB connector BEFORE connecting anything. The micro USB connector is soldered to the board at the rear corners and also has 2 tabs half way down the sides. Close inspection reveals that it does NOT have a lot of solder to hold it in place and YES it is likely to break off without some extra solder. The side tabs do not appear to have been well soldered, my guess, surface mount automated soldering has not applied sufficient heat to get the solder flowing well around the tabs which are part of the larger metal connector shell, using a fine tipped soldering iron, care is required specially on the side near the pin headers, re soldered the metal tabs and also the rear corners of the connector, I don't think it will come off now. Do keep in mind that is a very small connector and the cable can be used to apply sufficient leverage to rip it clean off the board, no amount of extra solder will prevent that, so be real careful not to apply sideways forces to the cable when plugged into the board. The quality of the board, the soldering of all the other components, I can't fault it, all looks excellent. Lots of information now in the files tab for the product at HobbyKing. I connected the GPS to Serial 2, and the flashing LED

9 comments. Reply..

Create an account
Overall Rating
PAc3R
47 likes
Value
Quality
Like it?
Great Board. Using Multiwii Dev, and The AdruCoper Firm. Position hold, works... ok. for the price who cares!! Pressure sensor, old, but will work ok with foam mounted over sensor.

No comments. Reply..

Create an account
Overall Rating
majik01
7185 likes
Value
Quality
Like it?
Flies very well with the MWC 2.1 sketch. Other are trying MPNG and are close to success ...

2 comments. Reply..

Overall Rating
Harri
48 likes
Value
Quality
Like it?
today i had my first flight with this board! I have megapirate on it and its working fine:) will try to make som video soon.

2 comments. Reply..

.....click here to see all reviews
Aff. Link