HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Product Specific > Motors > ESCs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Plush 40 amp Turnigy ESC can not get any beeps or
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Plush 40 amp Turnigy ESC can not get any beeps or

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stearman View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 389048

Online Status: Offline
  Quote stearman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plush 40 amp Turnigy ESC can not get any beeps or
    Posted: 29/May/2010 at 4:44pm
Just spent an hour soldering all the necessary hardware to this esc and programing it with the program card and can not get a beep out of it nor does it turn the electric motor. I troubleshooted the circiut between batteries and other escs and motors and it is in fact the esc that is the prolem.

any ideas why I can't even get a beep out of the unit?

Edited by stearman - 29/May/2010 at 4:47pm
SeaComms View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 97362
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote SeaComms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2010 at 5:01pm
Battery hooked up the right way round?

Also, the ESC doesnt beep, the beeps come from the motor.  Grab your motor / esc connectors and give them a good pull to make sure the wires are actually soldered in and not just held in with solidified flux - very common when soldering wires into a tube like the bullet connectors.

Does the receiver fire up and move the servos?

Edited by SeaComms - 29/May/2010 at 5:02pm
Cheers, Dave.
stearman View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)

Quote stearman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2010 at 7:06pm
Yes Dave, the servos do work when the esc is plugged into the receiver. The esc gets warm right off the bat as well.

I will ck my solder joints just after my cup of coffee.

Thx
stearman View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)

Quote stearman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2010 at 7:42pm
Well Dave, finished my coffee, ran upstairs, pluged things in and WHAMO, beeps and power to motor!

What the heck? Iam freaking out! Happy though.

What's the deal?

STEVE
SeaComms View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 97362
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote SeaComms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2010 at 10:14pm
Strike that one up to luck ??  LOL

Possibly it just wasnt arming properly, maybe the throttle range needs setting - ie, drop the battery off, hit full throttle, power up til the first beep ( bout 2 seconds) then drop to 0 throttle.  This will set the throttle range properly so the ESC knows the exact positions of full throttle and idle. If its not detecting idle properly it wont arm. If it doesnt know full throttle properly it can overdrive and do strange things at full throttle stick (like motor screeching to a stop)

Edited by SeaComms - 29/May/2010 at 10:14pm
Cheers, Dave.
 Post Reply Post Reply