Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mbode001 View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
USERID: 78162
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mbode001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone-E (RCRCM Typhoon) Glider - Build Thread
    Posted: 13/Sep/2013 at 12:07am
Hi,

I have ordered the Cyclone-E moulded Glider from the European (NL) Warehouse:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__39528__Cyclone_E_All_Moulded_Composite_Hotliner_2000mm_ARF_EU_Warehouse_.html

Once it arrives, I will share some pictures and experiences during build here in the forum.

Matthias

mbode001 View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote mbode001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Dec/2013 at 7:57pm
Sorry for the late response, but some other projects cropped up...

I will now (slowly) start building the Cyclone.

Here are some pictures and first impressions.

The Cyclone arrived, well packaged, after 14 days (12 days for packing inside Hobbyking and 2 days for shipment from the Netherlands to Germany). I think, those were the weeks, where Hobbyking has the Lipo-issues in Hong Kong.

The Cyclone is very well made: all surfaces are fine and well painted; everything fits accurate. The fuselage has a noticable but absolutely acceptable mold parting line.
Everything seems to made from glass with lots of carbon reinforcements.

The fuselage is the new one with the so called "Kiwi-Mod" in the front (because a crazy Kiwi put a 6s 2kW drive into this poor little glider, which "disassembled" the front of the fuse...): there are now a few carbon rovings in the front.
mbode001 View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote mbode001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Dec/2013 at 8:01pm
The centersection of the fuselage and the servo-bay have large area carbon reinforcements:

mbode001 View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote mbode001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Dec/2013 at 8:08pm
On RC-Groups is a nice and worth knowing thread about the Cyclone/Typhoon:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034497
jacques91 View Drop Down
Platinum  (FR)
USERID: 13476

Quote jacques91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Dec/2014 at 2:48am
Hi Matthias,

Il your opinion is this Cyclone a fast Glider as the Typhoon or a Power Hotliner?
I'm only interesting in fast fiber glider. Is The Cyclone OK with 300/350 Watts motor and 3s 2200 battery.

Jacques
mbode001 View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote mbode001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Dec/2014 at 8:26am
Hi Jaques,
In my opinion, the Cyclone/Typhoon is a perfect Allrounder in this size.
I think it's developed for slope soaring, but you could easily fly it slower and thermaling (if you really want).
It has a huge flight envelope: fast, slow, no aggressive stalls, very good energy retention. Not a F5B Hotliner, but (with enough power) not that far away (and more flexible).
I fly mine with 600W (planned to increase it step by step up to 2000W) with a Reisenauer Microgear 'Peggy Pepper' (600W is too few for this Motor!). I think it has around 20m/s vertical (have to look at my measures) with 3S2250 65C.
300W is too few for this type of model (in my opinion).
It's not just the power (in W), it's the perfect adaption of the motor, gear and prop, wich makes the performance.

Kind Regards,

Matthias
 Post Reply Post Reply