Drivers for turnigy camera as a webcam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zues007 View Drop Down
Platinum  (ZA)
USERID: 34334

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zues007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drivers for turnigy camera as a webcam
    Posted: 27/Oct/2009 at 1:39am

I would like to know where can i get the drivers for the turnigy 30fps camera so i can use it as a webcam. When i plug it in as a webcam its asked to update the driver for a mini dv.

Please help

Thanks

Dowayne

zues007 View Drop Down
Platinum  (ZA)
USERID: 34334

Quote zues007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Oct/2009 at 6:48pm
Jason please help us here because the manual says you can use it as i webcam.

Plesase please
Viking8 View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 373190

Quote Viking8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/Dec/2009 at 2:49am
I have looked all over the internet for the drivers to make this camera a webcam and I've still failed to find them. In the manual that you download from HobbyKing for this camera, it says to install the drivers from the included CD, which I'm sure like myself, everyone that has purchased this camera did not receive a driver CD with it.

Why are you not giving us the CD hobbyking? It does not make sense that you are excluding something that is rather important to have, for full functionality of this product.
At least put the drivers up for download along with the manual / time set file.
It would be nice to have this to cam chat with my family back home in Canada while I'm on the road for work.

So far I like the camera. I haven't had a chance to take it up in the air, but in my tests, it's a decent cam for the money, I just want to be able to use it in all the ways it was intended!
howardsmith View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 4464

Quote howardsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Feb/2010 at 10:26pm
Here's a program I wrote to set the time.

Plug in the camera and turn on.
Run this app.
Select your camera from the pulldown. Windows must be able to access the camera as a removable drive.
Click 'OK'.
Restart the camera - time/date should now be set.
dl5mfa View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
USERID: 177734

Quote dl5mfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Feb/2010 at 5:51am
Concerning the missing drivers - please check if you have other webcam programs installed. This could block the standard drivers and your turnigy has neither acces nor can it be sharing  the drivers in question. So I uninstalled the other webcam program and the turnigy worked as a webcam fine.

Hop that will help. Best regards from Germany
Juergen
Viking8 View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 373190

Quote Viking8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Feb/2010 at 9:01am
What operating system are you using?
Did it just automagically install a webcam driver?

I use Windows 7 Ultimate (I have tried it on WinXP yet)
I just plugged it into my work laptop which has no built in webcam. I did a FRESH install of Win7 Enterprise on it. All that was installed was the mass storage driver so the videos could be transferred to a PC.
When I go into Devices and check out the properties I do see what looks like 3 separate  devices, but they all use the same driver. In devices the camera is called Mini DV, or something similar to that, but still no webcam abilities.

If Windows 7/Vista doesn't install the necessary driver automatically, it means the camera is not a UVC based cam, (Universal Video Camera) which also means there has to be specific drivers for it somewhere, just need to know where.

Edited by Viking8 - 09/Feb/2010 at 9:02am
dl5mfa View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
USERID: 177734

Quote dl5mfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Feb/2010 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Viking8

What operating system are you using?
Did it just automagically install a webcam driver?

Hello Viking8,

Im using Windows XP as the operating system and I do not have the experience with the Windows 7, sorry.

Yes it installed automatically the requiered drivers and  it says "Standard Camera". I assume that is the same as you call it UVC.
There are no difficulties to activate the webcam - only mode key to red indicator and connecting the camera - that s it.

What another possibillty could be is, the drivers of the flycam II are still there and may be used by the turnigy webcam, although on my computer I have uninstalled the apps for the flycam. But I do not know what the software has done with the drivers.

Hoping that answers your questions. Regards from Germany
Juergen
ReMiX View Drop Down
Platinum  (PL)
USERID: 528336

Quote ReMiX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Mar/2011 at 2:33am
Hello :)
This is driver for our camera (webCamera )

http://uploading.com/files/7df7552a/MD80_driver.zip/

Unpack - Install - Conect camera - Press One time MODE... Windows start search drivers and connect cammera :)
When will be ok go to:
Start - all programs - SPCA1528 PC Driver - Amcap

in Amcap Click : Options - Preview.

The End :)
Sorry for my english Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply