KK2.0 LCD Board and Turnigy Plush Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tester67 View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
USERID: 26538

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tester67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KK2.0 LCD Board and Turnigy Plush Issues
    Posted: 28/Nov/2012 at 6:59am
i got the problem with Turniy Plush 6 ESCs and the kk2.0 Board.

The motor which is connected to M1 beginns to rotate slower till it stops.

when i change the ESC from M2 to M1 then this motor does the same.

After trying out a lot, i figured out this Problem is only with my latest batch of Turnigy Plush 6 ESCs ( only on the M1 connector )

, with my old plush 6 the board is working fine.

I tested the ESc also with another KK2.0 board, - same result.

Maybe someone can give my a litle help.

many thanks

Markus
PierHenri62 View Drop Down
Platinum  (FR)
USERID: 244830
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote PierHenri62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Nov/2012 at 3:50pm
Check your battery, seems to be not fully charged.
tester67 View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)

Quote tester67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Nov/2012 at 4:38pm
Hello PierHenric62,

thanks.

that was the first thing which i have checked.

The battery was fully loaded

When i connect the esc to the receiver, than the esc works fine.

the older ESCs i have work fine with my boards, only my latest batch of ESCs won´t work well on the M1 connector.

i swapped the boards, both ones works without any issues in my old quad
my old quad is also equipped with Turnigy Plush 6 ESCs.

thanks for your reply

Markus
flarssen View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
USERID: 3342
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote flarssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Nov/2012 at 4:55pm
Check your settings on the KK2 board. Have you tried to fly it? Sometimes these things behave strange when stuck on ground. They try to compensate for things without success, since they are not actually flying.

Fred
tester67 View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)

Quote tester67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Nov/2012 at 7:03pm
hello Fred,

thanks for your replie

Both boards have the same settings.

i can´´t take off , cause the motor on M1 beginns immediately to slow down the rotation after i give trust on my TX ( MX12 with Assan 2,4Ghz )

Markus
flarssen View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote flarssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Nov/2012 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by tester67

i can´´t take off , cause the motor on M1 beginns immediately to slow down the rotation after i give trust on my TX ( MX12 with Assan 2,4Ghz )

OK, take the props off and hold it above your head. Give throttle, try the different stick inputs and try tilt/twist it in all directions. Watch RPM on each motor and make sure they behave like they should.
I'm using Assan too, BTW. On an agent Robbe/Futaba FC-18

Fred
trobi81 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 34074
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote trobi81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Jan/2013 at 6:12pm
Hi Mate, I have had the same problem with the Turnigy Sentry 18 amp ESCs. I replaced them width Turnigy Plush ESCs and the problem still existed. The funny thing is I tried everything and in the end it looked like it was a combination of bad solder with the Plush ESCs and HK engines (HK per soldered 3.5mm connectors).

The Plush ESCs worked fine after I swapped engine one over with engine 4... I gathered that there was enough of a connection to start working...

Weird stuff! For a read about what I did: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37125

I was stuck up the same creek as you... I think you're right though - it will probably be the ESCs. Seems strange but try changing the timing on the ESCs. I know what you're thinking 'but the other engines work'. I would also try resoldering the ESCs. Have you disabled the power cable on engine 1,2 and 3?
WendoNZ View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 1844694

Quote WendoNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Jan/2013 at 4:32pm
Old plushes were based on the Atmel ATMega chip, new ones are based on the SiLabs chip. If the old plushes are quite old (> 8-10 months) then it's entirely likely you are basically using two different makes of ESC. You'd have to open up the shrink wrap to confirm but that would be my guess
flarssen View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote flarssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Jan/2013 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by tester67

After trying out a lot, i figured out this Problem is only with my latest batch of Turnigy Plush 6 ESCs ( only on the M1 connector )

, with my old plush 6 the board is working fine.

Old thread, but anyway; this could be related to the BEC. The BEC in ESC on M1 is powering the KK2 controller, and might heat up to the point where some kind of protection kicks in.

Using a Y-cable, one could try to supply the board with another BEC or 4.8V battery. Just remember to disconnect the + (red) wire on the M1 ESC.

Fred

Edited by flarssen - 21/Jan/2013 at 7:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply