HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Product Specific > Transmitters and Receivers > Turnigy 9X (sub forum)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Turnigy 9X main board replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
denoxster View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 88560

Online Status: Offline
  Quote denoxster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turnigy 9X main board replacement
    Posted: 07/Sep/2012 at 10:48am
I less than a month 9X and smoked the main board due to wrong battery polarity.
Where can I get V2 main board replacement?
klaw81 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 605444
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote klaw81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Sep/2012 at 11:18am
You can't buy a replacement from Turnigy/HobbyKing. But that's not such a bad thing, because you can buy a superior mainboard instead.

http://www.ersky9x.net/
http://gruvin9x.com/shop/

If you don't want to go to this amount of trouble, then you might have to sell off your old 9x for spares and get a new one.
IrishSteve View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 669070
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote IrishSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Sep/2012 at 1:43am
Have a closer look at the 9X forum, the usual problem with a reversed polarity is a couple of blown components, which are relatively easy to replace, and not expensive, as long as you have reasonable skills with a soldering iron.

There are more details on the "how" in the 9X forum, it seems it's a pretty regular occurrence, and the success levels on the repair are high.

If you don't want to repair the set you have, there will be plenty of takers for the mechanical bits, either for spares, or to put a "spare" board in.

There will be boards about from the people that have upgraded to the newer board, you might be able to get one of them for a reasonable price.

Shore, if twas easy, we'd all be doin it.
denoxster View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 88560

Quote denoxster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Sep/2012 at 9:24pm
Thanks for you reply guys. Those boards are too advance for me since I just started this hobby.
I will keep trying looking. If anyone know someone selling the main board, please let me know.
IrishSteve View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 669070
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote IrishSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Sep/2012 at 2:19am
Originally posted by denoxster

Thanks for you reply guys. Those boards are too advance for me since I just started this hobby.
I will keep trying looking. If anyone know someone selling the main board, please let me know.

I may have confused things slightly. The 9X forums are also covering how to do things to the basic out of box 9X, as well as upgrades to the basic set, and also the new ERSky9X board.

Fixing what's happened to yours is relatively simple, and the thing I didn't mention is that depending on which part of the world you are in, some of the members of 9X forum have offered to assist others who don't have the right gear with fixing their board for them.

The fix only usually needs a small number of cheap components, and they are not massively hard to replace, as they are not the chip components as such, so don't have massive numbers of solder joints.

In the last couple of months, there have been a number of repair threads, and the majority have been sorted quite quickly, and cheaply.

Shore, if twas easy, we'd all be doin it.
scouse View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 169916
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote scouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Sep/2012 at 4:10am
I am in the same situation , i have a Turnigy 9x that was bought but the board is "dead" (thankfully Hobbyking have sent me a replacement ) i also have a Flysky 9x that a friend gave me for parts.
One 9x worked fine until i soldered in a Corona diy 2.4 unit on a switch ?( Flysky module also ) and now it wont boot , the display doesnt work but i have managed to "talk" to it via the pc.
Living in the UK gives me few options to repair the mainboard but my new one should arrive in a week or so.
But

If anybody finds a reasonable source for the mainboards or their repair i would be grateful for the information , i could then at least have a radio for backup just incase.
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1241240
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Sep/2012 at 6:54am
Of course what you can do (provided the RF module is still functional) is to get one of the TR9X module-less transmitters and simply plug in your own module.

Cheaper than buying a complete new tx
I don't care what it says on the profile - I'm so NOT GB!
mpjf01 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1216604
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote mpjf01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Sep/2012 at 10:25am
Anybody have a v2 mainboard they want to sell?

Edited by mpjf01 - 27/Sep/2012 at 7:11am
ggsolom View Drop Down
Platinum  (RO)
USERID: 844076

Quote ggsolom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Oct/2012 at 5:02am
It is happened to me - look on the main board there is a "5 V source circuit" (three pins) - if that is burnt, you (or someone who can) can replace it.
mpjf01 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1216604
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote mpjf01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Oct/2012 at 6:30am
I've been over the whole board with a magnifier, nothing appears burnt. I get voltage from the regulator too. But thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by mpjf01 - 01/Oct/2012 at 6:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply