Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dale.E View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 365318
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dale.E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HK MultiWii
    Posted: 04/Sep/2012 at 2:19am
Time to start the first HK MultiWii forum to get it all rolling.

For those who have not noticed as of a few days ago (I noticed it yesterday) HK added a MultiWii controller to its list of multi rotor controlers, this can of cource be used in many applications, but I would like this Topic to focus on mulit rotor please.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=27108&aff=182659

HK at the time of this post does not have a manual in the files area, so I think that would be first on the order of what the users can add.
This board appears to be a Cirus MultiWii 2.0 board.

As I am new to MultiWii and have not recieved my order yet, if you are a MultiWii guru please feel free to take over.

questions:

How is it programed?

pinout info?

I2C mods? - GPS - LCD what can we do with it here?

is it compatable with standard MultiWii Code?
http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/

Thanx all, looking forward to reading the posts :)
I'm not a complete idiot!
Some parts are missing.....
PierHenri62 View Drop Down
Platinum  (FR)
USERID: 244830
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote PierHenri62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Sep/2012 at 2:52pm
Hi!
You can visit the Arduino site.
All you need to understand is there, plus a lot of links toward aplis.
Dale.E View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 365318
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Dale.E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Sep/2012 at 5:30am
hmmm   Arduino, I thouht the MultiWii was built on Arduino but essentially its own beast?
there are also so many flavors of MultiWii, and the programing is altered (from what I have been reading) depending on what version, type, brand of MultiWii you have.
I guess untill someone who knows MultiWii has this HK one in hand alot of questions will be unanswered.
I'm not a complete idiot!
Some parts are missing.....
huangzh View Drop Down
Gold  (SG)
USERID: 396214

Quote huangzh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Oct/2012 at 2:05pm
I have been using the KK product for my past 2 projects.
Lately, I noticed the there is a MultiWii Lite (6 axis) FC
available. I am attracted by its small size and its non angled 45 degree layout as I want use it in regular slimmer airplane like
frame. I want to do some experimentations with single and bi rotor
crafts.

So far, as elsewhere on the net, I observed discusions with MultiWii
have been around CPU only Arduinos board with add on sensor boards IMUs.

Are these single board FC progammable with say MultiWii 2.1 too?

Appreciate if someone can advise me on it.

Thanks.

Huangzh

justk1w1 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1351336

Quote justk1w1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Oct/2012 at 11:54am
The HK multiwii 328P boards are programmable with Multiwii 2.1. There have been a number of patches released for MW2.1 that contain all the configuration information for these boards. There do come pre-configured with MW2.1 in a quadX configuration. Both the config.h and def.h files are under the files section on the HK website.
If you want to change the configuration you will need to download a copy of the arduino GUI, copy of the MW2.1 code and reflash the board. I was building the Multiwii copters unsing arduino and a separate IMU, but the cost of this board is less than half that of using separate components. Once you get a bit of a handle on it you can then look to expand the system by adding GPS and additional sensors like sonar and optical positioning.
huangzh View Drop Down
Gold  (SG)

Quote huangzh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Nov/2012 at 11:51am
Thanks justk1w1, .. someone does respond !

So it means the HK boards comes zapped with MW2.1 configured for Qaudx.

Forgive my newbie questions as I am used to Assembly codes of KKs and USBasp programmer.

All I need to do is launch Ardiuno, open with MW2.1 (assuming I have downloaded all the appropriate libraries and patches),comment/uncomment and edit the high level codes (assuming I know what I am doing) and use the cool GUI. And finally download the new configuration to the FC thru the FTDI/USB port.

When you say 'reflashed', it means using still the FTDI/USB port and bootloader and not the high wired flash programmer like the USBasp above right?

Does it apply for the MultiWII Lite V1.0, MPU6050 only version too ?

Thanks

Huangzh.
flarssen View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
USERID: 3342
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote flarssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Nov/2012 at 4:38am
Originally posted by huangzh

All I need to do is launch Ardiuno, open with MW2.1 (assuming I have downloaded all the appropriate libraries and patches),comment/uncomment and edit the high level codes (assuming I know what I am doing) and use the cool GUI. And finally download the new configuration to the FC thru the FTDI/USB port.
Correct. You just select the correct board, COM port and then select Upload in the menus of the Arduino IDE. Then the code is compiled and uploaded via USB.

Fred

Edited by flarssen - 07/Nov/2012 at 4:43am
xoxota View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 662090

Quote xoxota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Nov/2012 at 4:04am
It looks like the BUZ pin on the HK 328P board is connected directly to D9 (motor pin), instead of the correct pin (D8). Can anyone confirm? Does anyone know where the correct D8 pin is pulled out to on the board? I can't tell from looking at the board.

If anyone knows of a schematic or EagleCAD board file for this board, that would be extremely helpful.

EDIT: Sorry, to be clear, I'm talking about the 328P board with onboard USB and PPM port (here: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__27033__MultiWii_328P_Flight_Controller_w_FTDI_DSM2_Port.html )

Edited by xoxota - 23/Nov/2012 at 4:05am
justk1w1 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1351336

Quote justk1w1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Nov/2012 at 10:31am
xoxota,

The D8 pin is not connected - tried looking at connecting this, but I don't really have the right equipment to solder directly to the chip :( The whole layout is a bit strange. I got fed up with waiting for someone to produce a schematic and ran a test sketch to determine all the pins.
Chip pin     Internal ports          Standard desc          hk board     Alternate
1     PD3     OC2B/PCINT19     D3          MOTOR3     AUX4
2     PD4     ACK/PCINT20     D4          ROLL     
3     GND                         
4     VCC                         
5     GND                         
6     VCC                         
7     PB6     XTAL1                    
8     PB7     XTAL2                    
9     PD5     OCOB/PCINT21     D5          PITCH     
10     PD6     AIN0     D6          YAW     
11     PD8     AIN1     D7          AUX1     
12     PB0     ICP     D8          NC     
13     PB1     OC1A     D9          MOTOR1     buzzer
14     PB2     OC1B     D10          MOTOR2     
15     PB3     MOSI     D11     SPI     MOTOR4     
16     PB4     MISO     D12     SPI     blank pin     power
17     PB5     SCK/PCINT15     D13     SPI     led     
18     AVCC                         
19     ADC6          A6          NC     
20     AREF                         
21     GND                         
22     ADC7          A7          NC     
23     ADC0          A0          AS MARKED     
24     ADC1          A1          AS MARKED     
25     ADC2          A2          AS MARKED     
26     ADC3          A3          NC     
27     ADC4          A4     I2C     SDA     
28     ADC5          A5     I2C     SCL     
29     PC6     RESET                    
30     PD0     RX     D0     RX0     usb jumper middle pin     
31     PD1     TX     D1     TX0          AUX4
32     PD2     INT0/PCINT18     D2          THROTTLE

Some of the configuration does not seem to make much sense - D8 not connected??? A6 and A7 are broken out from the chip, but do not seem to go anywhere. I was hoping to hook up D8 for use as AUX3 and then look at hooking the buzzer and power to alternative ports. I ordered a couple of the multiwii pro's in the hope that hey are configured a little better, plus it gives me more options. The 328P is a little limiting - good for a straight FC, but when you want to add everything like GPS,OSD, Sonar sensors, XBEE, cam stable etc it starts to get a little stretched - not complaining though as the cost of the sensors alone are greater than the cost of the whole board.
I'm trying to create a standard FC which remains attached to the craft and then just move the attachments (I2C GPS, I2c Sonar, OSD, etc) between controllers as I need them - keeps the cost of the electronics down and means I can put more into the frame and motors.

Hope this helps a little - see any errors then let me know - working on the OSD side of things at the moment while waiting for the pro boards to arrive
huangzh View Drop Down
Gold  (SG)

Quote huangzh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Feb/2013 at 2:33pm

Now when I have decided to place order for the MultiWii V1.0 Lite,
it is now out of stock.

I saw a 'new' FC on HK's website - MultiWii NanoWii ATmega32U4.
This is one has even lower cost and smaller form factor - I like.

What are the differences, apart for the 32u4 and 328p processors,
can I order the NanoWii as alternative ?

I used KK1 FCs and done their programming before.

Huangzh.   
 Post Reply Post Reply