HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Product Specific > Transmitters and Receivers > Hobby King
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HK 6s binding procedure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1241240
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Jul/2012 at 10:31pm
You plug that into the receiver (usually the end socket which may be marked 'bind/bat'), connect the ESC but not the battery

Hold in the 'bind' button on the transmitter, turn it on and then power up the receiver.

It's to 'lock' the receiver to your transmitter so that it doesn't affect any other setup
I don't care what it says on the profile - I'm so NOT GB!
Herbirem View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 173428

Quote Herbirem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Aug/2012 at 10:40pm
Thank you, it would be nice if the directions told you that.
les.smith View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 9602

Quote les.smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Aug/2012 at 3:13pm
Hi Guys, Got my HK6S today and looked for the mysterious bind switch...I don't believe that there is one. The RX that came with it was already bound, but I bought 4 more (at that price, why not). I bought the Tx for a yacht but will stick to my JR and DX6i for planes.
Been a steep learning curve today, but to pass on what I have found out so far.
1. The negative side on the Rx plugs is towards the outside of the case.
2. The power can be fed in to any available Rx slot.(NOT the "set ID" slot)
3. The balance plug must be plugged into the slot marked "set ID" (the bottom slot with the pins on the right (either way around).
4. Power up Rx then Tx. Should bind in a few seconds. Turn everything off AND REMOVE BIND PLUG.(don't lose it)
A few other observations and questions.
Observations:
1. Th Tx channels don't go all the way from 1 to 2 milli seconds (1.5 usually being centered)... Tested with a LETON servo tester, best money that I have ever spent on RC and dirt cheap.
2. The Charging socket on the side of the Tx appears to be a conventional JR type connector with POSITIVE as the center pin.
3. From another web source, apparently the green Tx light flashes if battery voltage falls below 10V (not tried)
Questions: (yes, I had a peek inside) Can anyone help?
1. What is the socket on the rear of the Tx labelled "DSC"? Is it a buddy box connection? It has 2 wires going to it and looks like a standard 3.5 mm phono socket.
2. On the PCB (inside), there is what appears to be a piezo sender, what is it for? (apart from to beep.. don't be smart!)
WOULDN'T A HALF DECENT MANUAL INSTEAD OF 1 PAGE SAVE A LOT OF TIME AND MAKE MORE MONEY FOR HKING WITH RETURNING SATISFIED CUSTOMERS.
herropreeze View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1127918

Quote herropreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Sep/2012 at 2:42pm
I have a HK T6A v2 that I have been using for a while. I did some soldering on the battery terminals to convert power to Li Po and it became unbound to all three of my receivers. Now, I can NOT get it to bind to any of the recievers. My poer light glows green, I can program the radio using standard software but no binding. ASny ideas?

Thanks
les.smith View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)

Quote les.smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Oct/2012 at 12:46pm
No, mine is a HK6S which is not computer programmable and doesn't have a bind button or switch. The drawback with using LiPo's is the battery going below about 3V per cell (ie tx left turned on). How many cells did you use? What was the original battery?
Platinum  (GB)

Quote herropreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Oct/2012 at 12:59pm
The original battery is 8 AA and I used a 3s battery (800mAh). Its a battery I had been using for a few weeks, just plugged in to the charge port on the TX - was trying to make it a neater set up :-(
les.smith View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)

Quote les.smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Oct/2012 at 1:23pm
Sorry, can't help you, don't know the radio. 3S should be OK. If it the same as my HK6s the positive of the charge plug should be the CENTRE pin (opposite to JR)
Platinum  (GB)

Quote herropreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Oct/2012 at 2:04pm
The power supply is not the problem, the light comes on and I can program the radio - it just will not bind - have not tried the suggestion of making physical contact between TX and Rx yet - will do that this evening.
les.smith View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)

Quote les.smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Oct/2012 at 2:55pm
Another thought is that the charging socket might NOT have a direct connection to the TX input power supply. It may be fed in via a current limiting resistor or even a constant current regulator (commonly done when charging NiCd or NiMH batteries.)
Platinum  (GB)

Quote herropreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Oct/2012 at 3:34pm
Hi will I be able to bind the HobbyKing HK6S 2.4Ghz FHSS 6Ch to my existing receivers which are Hobby King 2.4Ghz Receiver 6Ch V2

any ideas - it does say that this receiver is only compatible with the T6 v2?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>