DHL Shipping to the UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
huntman40 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 694106

Online Status: Offline
  Quote huntman40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHL Shipping to the UK
    Posted: 03/May/2012 at 9:22pm
Hi HK

Would Hobbyking (International warehouse) be able to offer DHL shipping to the UK in the future?

EMS and Singapore post are great until they reach the uk and Parcelforce takes over.
Parcelforce take weeks to process packages and puts large handling charges on our orders.

Dhl is fast and only charge a small ammount for importing.
Myself and alot of others would be much happier with DHL service

PS: 10- 15kg weight limit please :)

Many Thanks!
Huntman40
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1241240
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2012 at 10:37pm
DHL would charge (at a bare minimum) 43 quid for a 1.5 kg parcel - PLUS a fuel surcharge

That's before the packaging is paid for - so you could be talking an easy 50 quid up front
I don't care what it says on the profile - I'm so NOT GB!
huntman40 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 694106

Quote huntman40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2012 at 8:02am
£50 is fine by me! If I order a 9kg parcel and it goes by ems, it costs around £78.
I then have to pay import tax and parcelforces handling fee of £13.50.
It also takes parcelforce around a week to get it through uk customs.
DHL would cost around £80 to £90 but you don't pay a huge handling fee and it would be at your door within 3 days max from dispatch.
I now refuse to place another order from HK because I hate parcelforce UK so much.
We call them parcelfarce

Edited by huntman40 - 08/May/2012 at 8:03am
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1241240
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2012 at 8:33am
Actually we usually refer to the whole postal system as the 'Royal Snail'
I don't care what it says on the profile - I'm so NOT GB!
__BB-Q View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 332974
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote __BB-Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2012 at 4:22pm
DHL discount very heavily via brokers or just through trade deals with large volume customers, so prices can still be competitive.

however, Hobbyking currently has an account with GLS Couriers and already ships from the International Warehouse with them to some countries in Europe.

It would therefore make sense for them to use an existing account like this for the UK shipping as it would increase their spend with them and thus help to

a) Secure the business relationship

b) Increase the chances of pricing discounts.

Well, Hobbyking? Can we have GLS shipping to the UK please?

I for one have only ever bought models (with one exception) from the DE Warehouse as the size of models I like to fly would cost absolute fortunes to ship from HK using the current arrangements.

EDIT: Of course, if the long awaited UK warehouse has decent levels of stock and a decent range of stock then this is all a moot point.

However, if it has the stock and range of the DE warehouse.....

Edited by __BB-Q - 08/May/2012 at 4:32pm
I'm here to help where I can- the sarcasm and insults are just a complimentary service I provide....
Sooty View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 173750
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sooty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2012 at 5:25pm
<<-BB-Q EDIT: Of course, if the long awaited UK warehouse has decent levels of stock and a decent range of stock then this is all a moot point.>>

Dream on matey!!
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
Bebbi View Drop Down
Platinum  (CH)
USERID: 286092

Quote Bebbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Jun/2012 at 8:55am
Hi there,

The same problem in Switzerland too. Swisspost have expensive handling charges and poor service.
__BB-Q View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 332974
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote __BB-Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Jun/2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Sooty

<<-BB-Q EDIT: Of course, if the long awaited UK warehouse has decent levels of stock and a decent range of stock then this is all a moot point.>>

Dream on matey!!

A man's gotta have a dream! Last I heard it was opening end of June (2032).
I'm here to help where I can- the sarcasm and insults are just a complimentary service I provide....
Mash1 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1317246

Quote Mash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Jun/2012 at 12:00am
Iv worked for a mail order company in the UK that used DHL to post items, My advise if you don't mind it being smashed up or lost then use them otherwise sit and wait for pacrelforce.

Ash
 Post Reply Post Reply