HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Hobby King Forums > Blogs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Zlin-42 Glow/Balsa 1650mm (ARF)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Zlin-42 Glow/Balsa 1650mm (ARF)

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Message
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jim 15256 View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 93014
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!
Avatar

Joined: 02/Mar/2009
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
  Quote Jim 15256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Apr/2012 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by B.L.Galev

Hi Jim
After our last conversation I bought the Zlin-42.
But after some weeks I receive a RC car instead of my airplane.
I communicated Hobby King from my case two days ago but I didn´t receive any answer until now.
Could you give me an idea to solve my problem.
Thanks
PS:I'm waiting for feedback about the flight of the Zlin-42.


Sorry to hear you're having problems.
I would do what Daithi suggests "Post to the complaints section at the bottom of the forum list as well as contacting live support "

Hope it works for you.

Cheers
Jim
MAAC 15256
Back to Top
Lectric_high View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 235410
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!


Joined: 27/May/2009
Location: California USA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
  Quote Lectric_high Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Apr/2012 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by B.L.Galev

Hi Jim
After our last conversation I bought the Zlin-42.
But after some weeks I receive a RC car instead of my airplane.
I communicated Hobby King from my case two days ago but I didn´t receive any answer until now.
Could you give me an idea to solve my problem.
Thanks
PS:I'm waiting for feedback about the flight of the Zlin-42.


Had mine up 3 times. I have a build log on RCG, search Zlin 42 it's the only one. I used a 20cc RCGF and she moves with authority. Aileron rolls are tight (on hi-rate) flies as straight as an arrow. I lost any glide potential with the extra weight of a larger motor so can't comment on that but no nasty stall tendencies and lands like a tricycle trainer. I like it.
Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions.
Back to Top
jirik13 View Drop Down
Platinum  (CZ)
USERID: 817420
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20/Mar/2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
  Quote jirik13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/May/2012 at 10:15pm
Hi Jim,
so I finished the build of my Zlin 42......it is really very nice plane.
I have used the engine ASP 120 four stroke, a little bit more powerful but In my opinion it should be OK for acrobatic plane. This engine with the propeler Master Airscrew 14/8 gives static thrust cca 4,2 kg.....and the weight of aircraft is cca 3,8 kg.
Then the ratio between thrust and weight is more than 1.1....it should be good.
I will inform you about my maiden flight.......Jiri
Back to Top
Jim 15256 View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 93014
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!
Avatar

Joined: 02/Mar/2009
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
  Quote Jim 15256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2012 at 2:53am
Originally posted by jirik13

Hi Jim,
so I finished the build of my Zlin 42......it is really very nice plane.
I have used the engine ASP 120 four stroke, a little bit more powerful but In my opinion it should be OK for acrobatic plane. This engine with the propeler Master Airscrew 14/8 gives static thrust cca 4,2 kg.....and the weight of aircraft is cca 3,8 kg.
Then the ratio between thrust and weight is more than 1.1....it should be good.
I will inform you about my maiden flight.......Jiri


Excellent Jiri !
Take some pictures before you maiden her.
Post them here.

Cheers
Jim
MAAC 15256
Back to Top
Jim 15256 View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 93014
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!
Avatar

Joined: 02/Mar/2009
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
  Quote Jim 15256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2012 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Lectric_high

Had mine up 3 times. I have a build log on RCG, search Zlin 42 it's the only one. I used a 20cc RCGF and she moves with authority. Aileron rolls are tight (on hi-rate) flies as straight as an arrow. I lost any glide potential with the extra weight of a larger motor so can't comment on that but no nasty stall tendencies and lands like a tricycle trainer. I like it.


Hi Lectric_high

I've been following your build on RCG.
Do you have any pictures,(video)at the flying field?
Where was your final C of G from the leading edge of the wing? (inches, mm ?)
Did you have to balance it upside down?
Mine is almost ready to fly and the weather is starting to co-operate . . .
MAAC 15256
Back to Top
Jim 15256 View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 93014
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!
Avatar

Joined: 02/Mar/2009
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
  Quote Jim 15256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Jul/2012 at 9:00pm
At the flying field.





MAAC 15256
Back to Top
Lectric_high View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 235410
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!


Joined: 27/May/2009
Location: California USA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
  Quote Lectric_high Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Aug/2012 at 9:00am
Hey Jim,

My last known CG was 1" ahead of the wing tubes. Was going to try to get it back farther but if you've seen my build log lately she is no longer with us. You might want to take a look for your benefit.

No pictures but a buddy at the field took some video and we're looking for it now.

Yours looks great. Get it in the sky soon!

Craig
Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions.
Back to Top
Jim 15256 View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 93014
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!
Avatar

Joined: 02/Mar/2009
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 56
  Quote Jim 15256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Aug/2012 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Lectric_high

Hey Jim,

My last known CG was 1" ahead of the wing tubes. Was going to try to get it back farther but if you've seen my build log lately she is no longer with us. You might want to take a look for your benefit.

No pictures but a buddy at the field took some video and we're looking for it now.

Yours looks great. Get it in the sky soon!

Craig

Hi Craig
I have been following your build on RCGroups.
Sorry your Zlin bit the dust.
If you can post a video on your build log, that would be great.

I've been having balancing issues with mine, and I'm going to have to rework the battery placement.
Thanks for your interest.

Jim
MAAC 15256
Back to Top
Lectric_high View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 235410
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!


Joined: 27/May/2009
Location: California USA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
  Quote Lectric_high Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Aug/2012 at 10:10am
Well thank you Jim. I really hope he finds that video as that's all I have left of her. Actually that's not true. If you ever need wings or cowl, look me up! I was doing some tuning on the last flight and had the cowl off so it lives and the wings are intact.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions.
Back to Top
Lectric_high View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 235410
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!


Joined: 27/May/2009
Location: California USA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
  Quote Lectric_high Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Aug/2012 at 11:41pm
Hey Jim,

Check out my build log at RCG. Another one bit the dust due to tail failure.
Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.54
Copyright ©2001-2008 Web Wiz

This page was generated in 0.186 seconds.