Assan X8D hack in Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz FASST help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
USSMunkfish View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 847892

Online Status: Offline
  Quote USSMunkfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assan X8D hack in Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz FASST help
    Posted: 04/Dec/2011 at 7:45am
I've found plenty of tutorials around for installing the X8D hack in a Futaba 6EX, but the internals of mine always seem to differ from the version used in those tutorials in some important way. I'm not lucky enough to have the circuit boards in my radio labeled for PPM and MOD, so I can't find it myself.

Pictures of my radio's internals can be found here
And a higher resolution of the important picture

If you know how to find the signal wires I need then please help. Thanks!
flarssen View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
USERID: 3342
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote flarssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Dec/2011 at 5:10pm
Just use the color coding
I converted a 7C, and they were all blue!
Just google the pinout for the trainerport, and find which wire correspond to the PPM out pin. Each trainerport connection probably have a coil inline, between the port itself and the wires.

Fred
USSMunkfish View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 847892

Quote USSMunkfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Dec/2011 at 11:26am
I got it! My radio is finally talking to the tri-copter. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I found this picture which helped me trace down the the signal wire.

After a bit more looking around I found that the VCC is power, once I understood that I was able to find what I needed with a voltmeter.

I'll try to post details soon of how I got mine to work for people unlucky enough to have a radio full of the same color wires and no labels.

Thanks again Flarssen!
flarssen View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
USERID: 3342
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote flarssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Dec/2011 at 3:44pm
You're welcome. I took power from the area where the voltage regulators are located, on the same board as the FASST module (GND and Vin of the regulators), but I replaced the FASST module with the Assan one.
Futaba 7C conversion

Fred
 Post Reply Post Reply