HK quad board problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rallikas View Drop Down
Platinum  (EE)
USERID: 428414

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rallikas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HK quad board problem
    Posted: 01/Sep/2011 at 12:53am
Hello,
I have a problem with my quad control board, I connected all the wires correctly and made the esc throttle range setup.
But the board won´t arm.
I turn on the transmitter, then connect the battery to the escs, the led on the board makes a very short flash and stays off. Escs go through their starting setup and arm. But i cant arm the board, i raised the EPA values, turned the throttle trim down, tried to move the stick left and right, messed with the rudder trim, but nothing works.
Any ideas?
Im using towerpro combo´s.

zeKe20 View Drop Down
Platinum  (FR)
USERID: 261374

Quote zeKe20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Sep/2011 at 6:47am
I got exactly the same problem. It worked with this procedure :
CH4 to the right, throtle to the bottom and trim down throttle until it arm.

I hope it can solve your problem !

Best

kevin
rallikas View Drop Down
Platinum  (EE)

Quote rallikas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Sep/2011 at 12:48pm
I tried it many times, tried different stick positions and so on, but nothing...
PierHenri62 View Drop Down
Platinum  (FR)
USERID: 244830
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote PierHenri62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Sep/2011 at 3:18pm
try putting the THREE pots at zero, full throttle, and then power (without props, hey!!)Then, setup pots to 50% , and re try standard procedure.
If you reversed a channel, your arming setup can be inversed too.
Try that and tell us if it works.
For me that proceed was good.
Good luck!
Blind Vision View Drop Down
Platinum  (DK)
USERID: 52464
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
ADMIN

Quote Blind Vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Sep/2011 at 7:26pm
You might have a defined MAX limit in your TX, that can be adjusted.. like the FF9 TX has.. normally it goes to 100%, but can be adjusted to 120%

hope that does it for you
-Troels
Doing some guerilla gardening... take a peek; http://www.facebook.com/groups/416558261701047/ lokal bustop infront of my flat
SubcultureD View Drop Down
Platinum  (NL)
USERID: 196524
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote SubcultureD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Sep/2011 at 9:04pm
There is a threshold defined in the boards software that says when to arm. I don't know which TX you use, but make sure you don't accidentally have set a mixer or a gascurve. Some people use a heli program. (like me) I have the board working on Futaba and JR transmitters on which I have to raise the endpoint of the gas (a bit) and rudder (to the max) to get it armed. Also make sure you have the trims at centre position (and don't forget the switches for throttle hold, IdleUp and D/R).

Hope it helps.

Danny
ByLcd View Drop Down
Gold  (HU)
USERID: 1040532

Quote ByLcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Sep/2011 at 8:23pm
Hi !

I have problem. :(
ESCs setup ok. (THR max, Yaw 0, ON board, Beep, THR min, Beep, OFF board)
After turn YAW more 0 no run motors but if YAW 0 then run motor controls and AIR,ELE,RUDD giros no control. WHY ?

I think manual wrong or I :)

Please help me !
rallikas View Drop Down
Platinum  (EE)

Quote rallikas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Sep/2011 at 10:11pm
I adjusted the end points to max. and tried the method PierHenri62 told about, when i turned all the pots to 0% and turned the board on with full throttle, the red led started flashing very fast and didnt stop until i removed the battery. But it didnt do anything. I also tested with futaba 4exa 35 mhz system and hitec optic 6 sport 2,4g (corona diy module), also- no success.... So the problem still exists.
lcwest View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 30804

Quote lcwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Sep/2011 at 1:34am
The fast flashing you observed with all the pots set to zero indicates you entered the mode for reversing the gyro direction. Your board appears to be behaving properly. I suggest you try this.

1.) set all values on your transmitter to default settings (no mixing, no expo, dual rates, straight up blank canvas)

2.) reverse direction of throttle channel (channel 3). Set trims to absolute minimum on throttle channel.

3.) set all the gyro gain pots to 50%

4.) ensure throttle is at minimum

5.) power up board and wait for esc's to arm

6.) arm board by moving rudder stick

If you are still having trouble it could be a wiring issue.
flarssen View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
USERID: 3342
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote flarssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Sep/2011 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by rallikas

I have a problem with my quad control board, I connected all the wires correctly and made the esc throttle range setup.

How did you calibrate the throttle range, via the controller board (by setting yaw gain = 0), or by connecting the ESC's to the Rx one at a time?
Anyway, you probably have the correct throttle direction (reversed on Futaba) if you managed to calibrate the throttle range. Setting gain to 0 only have affect when calibrating throttle (yaw gain = 0), or when reversing gyros/pots (roll gain = 0). See manual at RCExplorer under "Educational".
To make sure you have full throw on all channels in both directions (no limitation or mixers set in Tx), you can connect a servo to each channel on the Rx and test this.

Fred
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>