HK 450 V2 Linkage Lengths...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
superjon78 View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 563666

Online Status: Offline
  Quote superjon78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HK 450 V2 Linkage Lengths...
    Posted: 23/Jun/2011 at 9:49am
I need some experienced help.  I have a HK450 V2 that I am building.  The only build manual I can find is the manual for the genuine T Rex 450 V2.  I am having trouble with the general setup.  I cannot figure out what length each of the linkages is to be.  Someone please help.

I found the lengths listed in the T Rex manual, but I have reason to believe that these lengths will not work with the HK450 V2 model because my linkages are not long enough to make them the lengths listed in the T Rex manual.

Can anyone tell me simply what all four proper lengths are? 

Thanks ahead of time for your help!
r_g_r View Drop Down
Platinum  (AT)
USERID: 429636
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote r_g_r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Jul/2011 at 2:45am
The link lengths from the T-Rex 450SE v2 manual are a good starting point. But during the CCPM steup process you will need to increase and decrease their length anyway to get a solid setup.

I had no problem with the lengths of the three swash control rods. My HK450GT and HK450v2 kit both came with the linkages at exactly the length described in the T-Rex 450SE v2 manual. Did you measure the right way? The T-Rex manual specifies the linkage length from the center of the ball-link-hole to the center of the other ball-link-hole.
Sooty View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 173750
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sooty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Jul/2011 at 12:31pm
Don't get too hung up of exact length - as r-g-r says they get changed again during setup.

They are simply starting points. Some of the supplied rods are not quite long enough or can be too long to achieve the specified lengths.

The important thing is to have each matching pair the same length to start with - ie the inner and outer swash pairs. Even these adjustments get altered during blade tracking adjustment.

The servo links are not critical and have to be shortened and lengthened during swash-leveling.
 Post Reply Post Reply