How do I charge NiMH with IMax B6-AC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hondo View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 810410

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hondo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I charge NiMH with IMax B6-AC
    Posted: 06/Apr/2011 at 10:57am
I have the Imax B6-AC charger, I want to charge the 8 X AA 2200 ma Ni MH batteries I bought for my T6 radio, there is a charge plug on the radio that I can configiue a lead for to connect to the charge output of the charger but I dont know how to set it up for voltage, rate and time and I am not sure if I should use the cycle feature that charges and drains them at first, I would appriciate help from anyone who knows how to do this.

Edited by Hondo - 06/Apr/2011 at 11:01am
airwave View Drop Down
Retail  (US)
USERID: 71296
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote airwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Apr/2011 at 11:40am
Hondo, I have this TX and have read up on it you may only be able to charge at a SLOW rate with the batterys in the TX. the charge plug is rated for NICAD batterys and a 17HR charge of 150~200ma. there is a post were we tryed to help some one with this. The best way is to bye a "charge pack" OR a cage that hold all 8 batterys and charge them outside the TX. I will look and see if i can find the post from befor if i do i will edit this with link.
this is the 2200 LSD batterys but it has the cages
then you would charge at 8 cell (9.6volt) X  2.2 amps = ~1hr charge time full pack voltage should be ~11 volts

Edited by airwave - 06/Apr/2011 at 11:55am
Mudgekin View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 129500

Quote Mudgekin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Apr/2011 at 11:38pm
Adding to what Airwave has already said: I found it faster to charge the batteries for my Spektrum DX61 in a simple battery holder outside the transmitter. With both my DX6 and the DX6i there is an internal 0.6 amp fuse so if you try to charge the batteries in the transmitter at anything above or close to that fuse rating....the fuse will blow. I did just that the first time I charged up the DX6, thought I had killed the transmitter for sure. Took a call to service to find out that the fuse exists. Odd size as well, I have a couple of spares in my kit now.
 On a side note with the DX6i it is handy to have a spare set of AA NiMh batteries ready to go so you don't get caught at the field.
Hondo View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 810410

Quote Hondo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Apr/2011 at 2:44am
great feeback guys, thanks for the heads up on the fuse, i now have a seperate pack and all is great
 Post Reply Post Reply