Tower Pro Mag 8 20 Amp Programming?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Critterhunter View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 21398

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Critterhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tower Pro Mag 8 20 Amp Programming?
    Posted: 06/Jan/2011 at 11:39pm

I don't buy these anymore for the very reason that they keep changing the programming on them. I use the Super Simple/Suppo 40 amp ESCs now, which I think are called something else on this site now (which are they called now, anyway?).

Anyway, reason why I left Tower Pros is because of the programming on even the very same models changing from time to time, while the Suppo/Super Simple ESCs always have the same straight forward programming.

But, I had a Tower Pro Mag 8 20 Amp ESC still laying around to use and sure enough the beeps this thing puts out don't match any instructions I can find. It does 1 beep five times, then 2 beeps five times, all the way up to 5 beeps five times. If I pull down while it's doing two beeps I believe this is the brake because it did manage to turn it ON for me. However, even the brake options don't match what instructions I can find. Mine I think just beeps twice or something where as the instructions say I think that it should offer four options.

I really need to make sure I've got the LVC set right for a 3 cell lipo. Does anybody have instructions that might work for this stinking ESC? Never again will I buy a Tower Pro. Every time I go to program one I spend more time tracking down the right instructions than building the stinking plane.

airwave View Drop Down
Retail  (US)
USERID: 71296
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Online Status: Offline
  Quote airwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Jan/2011 at 6:36am
may wish to try this
= CELL Type and Number
== BRAKE
=== TIMING Mode
==== VOLTAGE protection

When you hear the sound pattern relating to the function you wish to programme move the throttle to the MIDDLE position

The ESC will then emit sounds again in groups of three in the following order-

CELL Type and Number
+ NiMh/Nicad/Auto
++ 2 LiPo 7.4v
+++ 3 LiPo 11.1v
++++ 4 LiPo 14.8v
BRAKE
+ Off
++ Soft
+++ Medium
++++ Hard
TIMING