Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jhon-Jhon View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 201334
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jhon-Jhon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Nov/2011 at 11:58am
Sorry ToE-Firefox for the delay !
Ok there is the PDF A4 format, also put a plan preview(picture).
The plan are made for 6mm or 1/4" thickness material.
I didn't have time to put all the details,so I hope you will be able to do something with the plan.
Also I have a special way to do the wing beam(spar)with coroplast, hope the drawing i clear enough? or do it your own way!
If you have any question, don't hesitate!
Don't forget to put your print scale setup to none or 1:1.
Have fun and good built!
Jean-marc.

3D_PLANE_40.5_wing_A4_sheet_format.pdf
�www.youtube.com/user/jhonjhon101?� The sky is NOT the limit!
ToE-Firefox View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
USERID: 864088

Quote ToE-Firefox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Nov/2011 at 9:50pm
Thank you!

I cant't see any bulkheads (right word for it?) on the plan. How do you keep the fuselage stiff and stable?

I have no idea where to get that coroplast stuff, you think a carbon rod would do the job, too? Did you cut everything by hand? Any hints on how to cut really precise? I only made 1 epp scratch build up until now. Perhaps i will do another one or two first until i dare making this one ;-)
Jhon-Jhon View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 201334
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Jhon-Jhon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Nov/2011 at 2:18am
Pleasure!
Ho! I forgat the bulkheads, there is not many, there is 5, take a look at the picture, tell me when you will built one, i will draw the bulkheads for you.
Sorry I think Coroplast is a brand name, some call it Core-flute, or corrugated plastic sheet, there is a link how its look like: Coroplast, also carbon will do the job.
Yes I cut all the parts by hand with a sharp hobby knife, the only hint I can give you is patient What I do is to cut all the parts from the paper print, and with 2 pins put it over the Epp sheet(to hold it) and follow around with the hobby knife, if the cut is weak I take the dremel and a sandpaper to blend, I put a picture.(sorry for my poor English).
I put you a picture, what the wing look like, its from an other plane but its the same type of construction.

Its worth-ed to do the wing beam with "Coroplast" because it make a wing almost unbreakable, it a little more work, the coroplast react the same as the EPP compare to carbon that is stiffer then EPP(so it crack), but take a look at this video at the end(same wing construction), the crash didn't make a scratch a the wing.

Hope it help you for your built!
�www.youtube.com/user/jhonjhon101?� The sky is NOT the limit!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12