Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spitfire2010 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 302824
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict
Dear Leader

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spitfire2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Jul/2011 at 9:33am
I'm thinking of a cone shape with vains. I'll have a chat with troels too
MAAA why won't you allow AMAS members to fly at MAAA fields? Criminal really.
Platinum  (AU)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict
Dear Leader

Quote spitfire2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Jul/2011 at 10:14am
should the airflow be as uniform as possible in relation to the intake. If you look at the saber for instance the intake has all sorts of deviations
Hamdhan View Drop Down
Gold  (KE)
USERID: 1039604

Quote Hamdhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Aug/2011 at 7:13pm
Have 2 sections, one with a main rotor, and a secondary tiny rotor in the aft cone to add more thrust and simulator real jet compression.
Platinum  (AU)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict
Dear Leader

Quote spitfire2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Aug/2011 at 7:32pm
Sounds interesting. Do you have any figures on thrust and amps. With and without
m_ark View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 817262

Quote m_ark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Oct/2011 at 11:11am
i've wondered about this concept myself... i'm keen to find out where this experimentation is going!
KaosKane View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 659344
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote KaosKane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Jan/2012 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Hamdhan

Have 2 sections, one with a main rotor, and a secondary tiny rotor in the aft cone to add more thrust and simulator real jet compression.

In writing a reply to this i got to two pages and stopped, because i was lecturing.

very brief version designed to get u to look it up urself.

edf's are air pumps and air is only 810 time thinner than water..
If u combine a hig volume pump and a medium volume pump in a closed system you Do Not Add the Volumetric Capacities Together.
The two pumps together have the same Vol Cap as the higher capacity pump.
the extra Vol Cap provided by the second pump makes the Higher Vol Cap pumps work eaiser. HTH
NOBLER2 View Drop Down
Platinum  (FR)
USERID: 747800
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote NOBLER2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 3:55am
I am very interested in this EDF techno.
30 years ago I had built two Axiflo RK40 fans with two K&B 45, 7.5 cc special ducted fan monster power'full engine for a personnal
Me 262 ... too powerfull for the size of my design!!! more like a rocket .

But today , the new alloys fan and casing of Mercury EDF ( see HK page)seem to open a new age in EDF propulsion. With rpm up to 50 000, and metal rotor balanced in factory , the performance is climbing high.
I just bought the double outrunner HK 375 w. with two contra rotating props.I am just triming the props ( so awfuly unbalanced !!) to try driving more energy for thrust than now for vibes .

I think that the formula of a twin electric engine driving two contra rotating fans in the same tube , with a serious study to adapt the right shape of stators ,and the pitch of each rotor could bring some very interesting performance gain.
In the tube , the energy of contra rotation effect confined along the tube wall, helps taking advantage of the tangential speed recovery ,it should give its best! Better results than in free air.

May be some study-board is already at work on this secret topic , and one day we will see the EDF , or TEF turbo electric fan, become smarter and more efficient than oil jet engines .(the noise of a
50 000 rpm fan is already like Mozart 'night music", less noizy than with a kerosen volcano inside )
Unless it displeases too much oil dealers!? I strongly believe there is something to do there.

What do you think of the idea ?

Edited by NOBLER2 - 02/Apr/2012 at 4:20am
NOBLER2 View Drop Down
Platinum  (FR)
USERID: 747800
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote NOBLER2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 4:16am
Does anyone search in the direction of some stato jet behind an EDF ? It can only be approached as a conservative flux . Air vein can't gain energy by any pressure : a small air intake + caloric energy baught by fuel burnt , and large exhaust surface with same exh speed . Small edf , burner , large nozzle . As any ram jet .
KaosKane View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 659344
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote KaosKane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jul/2012 at 6:45pm
It will work ur problem is fuel energy density...
the weight of the fuel will counter the extra power
if u included an ignigter system(from a bbq sparky lighter)
you could get a burst of flame and power until the fuel runs out :} HTH
Fugitive_Bill View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 55382
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Fugitive_Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Jul/2012 at 10:27am
DANGER!! DANGER!!

B!LL! has cracked up!

TRUMPY - It Came From The Desert... Who's scared NOW?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>