Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WTWUK View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 976346
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Online Status: Offline
  Quote WTWUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SingPost improving delivery times???
    Posted: 06/Jul/2013 at 4:00am
Hopefully this is a bit of goid news for those ordering LiPo packs. HK despatched an order of mine with 2 x 3000mAh 3S packs on 25 Jun. delivered to me in the UK yesterday - 04 Jul.
Now that is good by any standard as I used the lowest cost shipping.
I also had another order for LiPos despatched on 28 Jun and that has been in the UK since 03 Jul. So now we see what Customs and Royal Mail get up to!
I have some more helicopters. I crash a lot less than I used to! As of 24 Apr 2014, I am so NOT GB!! I am officially Cornish!!!
speedy72vega View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 202846
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Quote speedy72vega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Jul/2013 at 4:53am
I don't know about Singpost, but US warehouse shipping is pretty fast too. I ordered the 1700mm P40 kit on 6/27 in the afternoon, was at my door on 7/2. Good enough for me. That included a weekend.
Uncontrolled contact with terrain is a bad thing.
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1241240
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Jul/2013 at 8:03am
Same here - ordered on 26th, shipped 27th, Singapore Post eventually scanned it on the 1st and shipped it the same day. It arrived at Heathrow on the 5th (and is now in the grubby paws of the Royal Snail)
I don't care what it says on the profile - I'm so NOT GB!
WTWUK View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote WTWUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Jul/2013 at 9:44pm
Speedy - that P-40 is awesome! Wish I had kept mine now - got it last year when that mad batch of huge freebies happened. Only thing is, get the metal trunnion retracts as rhe plastic ones dont cut it. Lovely looking model though.
I have some more helicopters. I crash a lot less than I used to! As of 24 Apr 2014, I am so NOT GB!! I am officially Cornish!!!
speedy72vega View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 202846
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Quote speedy72vega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Jul/2013 at 12:29am
I got the kit version, that way I can build my own power system and do all the reinforcing before it's assembled. I'm planning about 1600 Watts or so, I have a 50-65B-350 Turnigy motor, will be on 7S with a 100A Sentilon HV ESC. Should be a beast, but from what i've read, the stock prop won't hold up with that much power. I'm either going to have to reinforce the stock prop or figure out a good alternative.
I can post some pics as I go if anyone's interested. I have to wait until this @#%$^& cast is off my arm first though.......
Uncontrolled contact with terrain is a bad thing.
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Jul/2013 at 5:15am
OK - update on my package. Now according top both the Singapore Post and the Royal Snail trackers it's still sitting in Heathrow. Odd, considering it arrived after lunchtime here today

Apart from that - when I made the order, it added an 'extra large box and packing' - now I don't know what 'extra large is in Hong Kong, but top me 20.5 x 11 x 16 cm ain't excatly 'extra large'
TignMeg View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1344562
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote TignMeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Jul/2013 at 8:10am
Interesting...
You guys got stuff all the way from Hongkong to the UK faster than I got my stuff from the Aussie WH (east coast to western Australia). It was sent on the 26th and I received it Friday
WTWUK View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote WTWUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Jul/2013 at 6:47pm
I had a delivery yesterday for some Thunder Storm 3D heli parts from a n other supplier in HongKong - Registered Airmail - ordered Monday last! 5 days total. Come on HKing! Lol!!!
Good heli as well is that one - different design to the usual T-Rex clone. Very well manufactured too.
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Jul/2013 at 11:41pm
Never mind Singapore Post. I ordered up a corrugated coffin (aka Iron Annie/Tante Ju, et al) direct from the back warehouse. Now, to be honest, I expected that to be really slow (I didn't otrder any LiPos so I knew it would come via China Post - however:

Tuesday 2/7 at 00:47
Paypal or Credit Card (Amex / Visa / Mastercard) $0.00
ChinaPost Air Parcel No Lipo $##.##
Taxes: $0.00
-------------------
Total: $##.##

00:48
Payment for the order #------ was accepted.

00:48
This is an email to inform you that we have received your order and it has been sent to the warehouse print queue for dispatch.

03:50
I would like to inform you that your product(s) have been double checked and are now packed in their box and sent to the dispatch area

From China Post website
Departure from outward office of exchange      --------      GB      20130708 12:34

and it's now on the Parcel Farce tracking list
WTWUK View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote WTWUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jul/2013 at 4:00am
Yep. Improvement all round - we can but live in hope ... Things arriving fast as ... The humanity of it all!!!! Lol!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>