KK 2.0 with LCD Board Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
commandernavi View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 1590938

Online Status: Offline
  Quote commandernavi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KK 2.0 with LCD Board Problem
    Posted: 12/Aug/2012 at 10:45am
Hello all,

I am building a quadcoptor with the KK 2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board as the FC. I have been very careful to follow the instructions written in the manual for the KK 2.0 board and have made sure that there were no bits and pieces that could potentially short the board.

However, just as I was attempting to test the first motor I hooked up, the board stopped working. The motor spun when I hooked it up and gave it some throttle and then everything cut out at once.

When I try to power the board up now, it just has the backlight of the screen go on and then a few seconds later, the red LED1 blinks rapidly before flashing brightly one last time and turning off. The backlight stays on.

I am using a Zippy 2200 15 C battery,a RP6S1 receiver and a Turnigy Brushed 20A speed controller. I have brushed motors.

Checking the voltages on each of the four controllers, they seem fine.

I tried to flash the board, but it encountered an error writing to the flash and didn't work.

I am really worried the board fried despite all my efforts to prevent this. What could have happened? Please help me. I really wanted to get my quadcoptor built in the next week, but I don't know how to get past this setback.
commandernavi View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 1590938

Quote commandernavi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Aug/2012 at 12:47pm
Any advise at all guys? :(
grwarlock View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 205952

Quote grwarlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Aug/2012 at 12:08pm
Check and make sure where your screws secure the board that your not shorting the traces that run super close to them.

Insulate the board at all cost from metallic screws in this area.

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply