HK KK Board V3 Motor Isuue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Roachy View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1129482

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HK KK Board V3 Motor Isuue
    Posted: 03/Jun/2012 at 11:29am

HK KK Board V3 Motor Isuue
Hi All,

I have had an issue with my new quad that I have built.

HK Quadcontrol Board V3 with Xcopter 4.7
HK blue 12a ESC
Turnigy 9X tx/rx
HK 550mm frame

I have programmed esc separately for each function, no brake, nimh, normal start and counter and normal rotation as necessary. Throttle setup on rx separately.
Motors all work and escs power up perfect, each on throttle channel (ch2 on my rx) and throttle up motor turns all cool.
Plug up the HK Q Board to rx, motors pugged into board, turn on rx, turn on board with batt plug in, escs arm as normal even before arm HK Q board, then throttle min, rudder right, board arms with red led on, no motor motion.

So this is my problem, no motor movement.
It isnt the escs, they work direct off the rx,they programme perfect off the rx, they throttle up and move direct off the rx.

Plug everything into the HK Q board and arm board an no motor movement. No motor turning at all.

I have tried everything, reflash HK Q board, tried different firmwares- kkquadcopter, even tried tri copter, and tried xcopter again.
Same thing every time.
I have tried to cal the esc together on the board, tx on, throttle max, roll pot min, board flashes once then the rapid 5 times, then escs power up as normal.
Tried pot both ways, tried throttle both ways, made sure channels are correct on tx.

Losing my mind now, spent 2 days trying different things, spent 1 day constantly searching these discussion boards, and google has been worked to the death, and now my last resort is to post here.

I am now going to take a vid of my problem and post on youtube and link here for extra help.

I appreciate any help in advance,just to help i am an electronic tech and understand these boards and the Amtel328 and the way signals are. No I dont have a crow here to test signals.
I am a N00B to building Quadcopters, however have built heaps of cars, boats and planes in brushless RC.

TheRoach
Roachy View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)

Quote Roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Jun/2012 at 1:49pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_vv3yccB8
RCNoob View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 867418

Quote RCNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Jun/2012 at 2:11pm
Can you get hold of another board from someone?
flarssen View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
USERID: 3342
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote flarssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Jun/2012 at 2:31pm
Try enter the board into throttle calibration mode, but this time with throttle stick low. The motors will probably now run fine as they all will get the same signal from the board and this signal is 50Hz, just like the one from your RX. During normal mode the board put out 300Hz, and this is probably more then your ESC can handle. Is there any evidence that these works with KK controllers? Version 4.7 has higher refresh rate than previous versions, so it might be that they would work with older versions, but I would just get Turnigy Plush ESC like everyone else.

Just to confirm this, if you have a digital servo, you can try it on the outputs of the board and see if they work.

Fred
Roachy View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)

Quote Roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Jun/2012 at 4:18pm
@RCNoob - no have tried this and ordered another tonight:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21977__HobbyKing_Multi_Rotor_Control_Board_V3_0_Atmega328_PA_.html

List of components:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__12339__Turnigy_9X_2_4GHz_8Ch_Receiver_V2_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19673__Turnigy_9X_9Ch_Transmitter_w_Module_8ch_Receiver_Mode_2_v2_Firmware_USA_Warehouse_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11429__HobbyKing_12A_BlueSeries_Brushless_Speed_Controller.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19596__Hobbyking_Mini_Quadcopter_Frame_with_Motors_550mm_.html

@flarssen:
Thanks for that Fred.
Tried everything. The esc listed above is designed to work with the hk multicopter board.
Its also listed in the extras for the frame and extras in multicopter section.
Nothing works off the control board not even an analogue servo or digital servo or even a car esc nothing.
Very confused.
Roachy View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)

Quote Roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Jun/2012 at 7:44pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzaFFT9X2b0

Just a quick link for a reply and thanks for the help.

Tried the servo again after resetting escs.

No GO

TheRoach

Edited by Roachy - 03/Jun/2012 at 7:45pm
PierHenri62 View Drop Down
Platinum  (FR)
USERID: 244830
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote PierHenri62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Jun/2012 at 3:26pm
yeah, don't be hurted by me, but can you confirm you have plugged the esc in the good way, that is with the ground near the edge of the board?
same way with the Rx leads?
Good luck!
flarssen View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote flarssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Jun/2012 at 4:32pm
This is strange. The ESC's seems to initialize. Usually this should only happen with a valid throttle low signal. You can test if there is a signal on the board output by connecting a servo, and see if there is any holding force on it.

Fred
Roachy View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)

Quote Roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Jun/2012 at 7:16pm
So i did the worst thing.
I have belled out the servo leads from rx to board.............
belled out EACH one by one.

So I didn't bell out all across from one and found a signal to ground.

So all in all :
Follow the simple electronic rules learnt when I was a wee biddy tech and bell out your lines one to all and then one to one and check for cross shorts.

I want to thank again for all who helped as this helped me narrow down my stuff up.

Next time I will also just buy some pre made prob.

Oh Well.

Thanks again.

TheRoach
flarssen View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote flarssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Jun/2012 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Roachy

So I didn't bell out all across from one and found a signal to ground.
Roll or pitch, I assume, since it was possible to arm the board. Glad you found the problem.

Fred
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>