Zippy 2100 30C lipo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Barramundi View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1273088

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Barramundi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zippy 2100 30C lipo
    Posted: 19/Apr/2012 at 8:01am
I'm very much a newcomer to electric model flight. I have just received a "Zippy" 2100 20C lipo battery, which I hoped to use in my PBY Catalina.
I have a "Hobby King" HK E4 variable charger, which appears to be working well on other batteries I have. All connections seem ok.
When I connect the "Zippy" to the charger, it only shows one red light. This goes to flash in a very short time. The battery is a 3 cell.
I'm assuming that I have two faulty cells, and the battery needs to have another use found for it - throwing at stray cats etc..
Could someone please verify? If I'm doing something wrong, then maybe I can change my ways...
Thanks.
Barramundi
Sawdust View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 628468
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sawdust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Apr/2012 at 10:19am
It doesn't sound good. If you can measure the voltage of each cell would help. Something like THIS , or the more expensive but easier to read one HERE which unfortunately is out of stock at the moment. If you haven't got any other way a multimeter would do. If it has got one or two dead cells on a new pack I'd call it stuffed. You could contact them and maybe get it replaced or credit added to your account to it's value. They'll want either pictures of it hooked up to something showing the individual cell voltages or for you to send it back. If they want you to send it back you'll be in for a fairly long process and paying for all shipping involved and if it was me, personaly I would just right it off as not worth the trouble.
I am assuuming that you have tried one of your other batteries on your charger since and it is working fine here.
BTW, I love your cat based disposal method .
I'm never wrong, once I thought I was but I was mistaken.
Barramundi View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1273088

Quote Barramundi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Apr/2012 at 4:57pm
Sawdust...Thanks for your help. The thing seems quite useless for its purpose, but it's no worse than paying for a Bixler that's still somewhere out in cyberspace after nearly 4 months. That makes about $180 wasted on this supposed retail website. Cheap? Well... maybe...
Sawdust View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 628468
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sawdust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Apr/2012 at 5:33pm
You can save a lot of money here compared to hobbyshops and even most other internet based suppliers. There are some ways they have of doing things that take a little getting used to though.
1: If something is out of stock, treat the expected restock time on the page as wishful thinking.
2: There is warranty but since you're mostly dealing with Hongkong and you have to pay all shipping costs it for the most part just isn't worth mucking around with.
3: From my experience the customer service is adequate but some people seem to have much higher expectations than me. I like the low prices and high standards of customer service cost more and so the prices have to go up, so I like things just the way they are .
4: Shipping times can sometimes be very fast, but quite often can take a few days and on ocassion much longer.

Was your Bixler out of stock when you ordered it, and was it from the AU warehouse or the international one?
I'm never wrong, once I thought I was but I was mistaken.
 Post Reply Post Reply