Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cptn blinky View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 298454
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cptn blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crash time
    Posted: 15/Apr/2012 at 11:02am
Been a bit quiet here for a while. Isnt any one else flying to the limits??

I crashed (well not technicaly) the HK P40 racer. I was looking forward to a 4 cell flight after trimming it out on a new radio..#1 son did a hand launch at a 45deg down into the ground!!The motor has to reglued to the fuse.

He crashed his FU4 Corsair by stiring the hawks untill one latched onto the tail. he had no height to play with...Told him the birds will strike back..
Right after a spectacular crash, the pilot yelled out ''Channel 35 clear!

youngatheart View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 997510
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote youngatheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Apr/2012 at 10:06pm
Too busy repairing #1 son YAK55
#1 son took his EPP-YAK55 to park. #2 son took basket ball to park. Guess who won. #1 Dad rebuilding front end of YAKK55.
Platinum  (AU)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote cptn blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Apr/2012 at 11:52pm
Well I have the FU4 on the bench again because some DH didnt tighten the motor mount properly..And as this bird is over powered and proped on the 1st flight the the motor came out and the prop chopped up the wings and fuse.

Platinum  (AU)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote youngatheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Apr/2012 at 2:35pm
Number #1 son asked to take my Eurofighter for a spin. No drama. Put it up came in low, flock of galahs (about 100) came accross his flight path whilst he was full throttle and about five feet from deck. Missed all cockatoo's but inverted and drove Eurofighter into ground, splintering into many peices. At least I laughed its normally me driving a plane into the deck not him. New scratch build Eurofighter on the bench and now ready to fly - looks better than last one . Back to the park to drive the local dogs nuts!
Platinum  (AU)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote youngatheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Apr/2012 at 2:41pm
Re your motor finding freedom of own flight path rather than that of plane. EPP-YAK55 has similar problem. On #1 Sons first flight put it up and the motor mount (fine plywood) delaminated and sheared mid flight - Had enough height to do a rapid dive and bit of ugly landing, but better than when in mid flight the landing gear of the YAK55 parted company from plane. The onders of modern glues has hidden the sins of the past - plane a little heavier for all these efforts though.
Platinum  (AU)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote cptn blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Apr/2012 at 3:31pm
I was my own fault as I usualy counter sink the grub screw to stop it comming loose.It was a new mount and ran out of time..Tried to rebuild her last lastninght but missing a big chunk of fuse.

snappy View Drop Down
Platinum  (IE)
USERID: 73306
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Apr/2012 at 4:42am
Have you guys ever tried boats?
   I'm as happy as a very happy sandboy.
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1241240
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Apr/2012 at 4:58am
They used to build boats round here - including one called 'Titanic'
I don't care what it says on the profile - I'm so NOT GB!
snappy View Drop Down
Platinum  (IE)
USERID: 73306
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Apr/2012 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Daithi

They used to build boats round here - including one called 'Titanic'

Leaky ones
   I'm as happy as a very happy sandboy.
Platinum  (AU)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote youngatheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Apr/2012 at 8:06am
hate to admit it but yeh - a "mate" gave me one of those for one of those birthdays that end with a zero. It sits fully rigged in my "office" at home. Yeah they do leak, yeh they do sail off into the middle of pond and not want to come back. At least when the plane dives into the ground I generally dont have to get wet when I retrieve it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>