Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iansydbr View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 48934
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Online Status: Offline
  Quote iansydbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement parts
    Posted: 14/Apr/2012 at 5:27am
Are there any replacement parts on the HK250GT that you would recommend buying?I have read on another forum that the tail drive belt can be a problem stripping teeth with the slightest of ground strikes.
Crash damage is something else and parts required would vary but I thought somebody who has flown this particular helicopter would be able to steer me in the right direction as far as parts required that break or wear out through normal use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.     
Qba007PL View Drop Down
Platinum  (PL)
USERID: 952184

Quote Qba007PL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Jul/2012 at 10:04pm
Turbobeaver View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 66796
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote Turbobeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Jan/2013 at 12:22am
Don't waste your time and money using the original drive belt which is very well known in the heli community to have a very high failure rate.Even the replacement belt carried by HK is a bit of a gamble with your investment.Buy your self a "super belt" which is kevlar reinforced and is tough as nails.Many are using this belt in their heli's and are giving it two thumbs up including myself.Your heli will perform better and it will have 10 fold better service life compared to the standard stock belt that comes with the kit.My original stock belt never got installed and I automatically replaced it with a "super belt" after all the bad press I read about the stock HK belts.Best thing I ever did with this little heli .

P.S-Check out the product "discussion" area for the replacement HK-250GT belt to find out how to track down the "super belt".Hopefully the HK posting police haven't deleted this information yet.Best of luck!

Edited by Turbobeaver - 13/Jan/2013 at 12:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply