Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lukino37 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 863598
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lukino37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Apr/2012 at 4:38pm
it's heavy but i did change servos for bigger and metal ones and i done 2 layers of fiber glass and paint and litle bibs and bobs that's my first project on jets trying to experiment and its hard as a rock so hopefully will last long and will fly fast but to be honest first weight shock even me i will know for the future not do the same mistakes many thanks for your help and advice
lukino37 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote lukino37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Apr/2012 at 4:39pm
thank you very much will gonna try it   
lukino37 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote lukino37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Apr/2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by klaw81

Ok, for a start an almost 1kg jet that's restricted to a 64mm fan is going to need some decent hardware to make it go fast. But I guess you already know that.

I'm assuming this is the EDF you've already bought:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4498

The best motor I can see for the job is this one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11161__HK2836_EDF_Outrunner_3800kv_for_64mm.html

You're going to need a decent ESC to keep up with the motor. This is a decent one at a very good price: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18005__HobbyKing_Red_Brick_50A_ESC.html

Finally, you're going to need a battery that can supply the juice you need to keep all of this in the air. I would recommend the nanotech batteries for peace of mind and high discharge rates. I'd probably go for this one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11916__Turnigy_nano_tech_2650mah_4S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack.html

The above setup should 1:1 thrust or better, which should make your Stinger whistle along quite nicely. Make sure you have good ventilation to the ESC and battery - keeping temps down in the Stinger compartment can be a challenge sometimes.

thanks a lot i will try it
lukino37 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote lukino37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 1:56am
just bought that stuuf so we c how it will fly
KaosKane View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 659344
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote KaosKane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by lukino37

just bought that stuuf so we c how it will fly

Kool plese keep us updated
NOBLER2 View Drop Down
Platinum  (FR)
USERID: 747800
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote NOBLER2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Apr/2012 at 9:29pm
Over powering is now common with electric, and except piloting which needs to wake up,it's not a drawback ! . I fly a racer ( own design ) Take off weight :680 g / 4S 1500 mah, 410 watt .(engine : top model X power : XA2815/3 with a cam speed prop 4.7x4.7 . ) Well, it still flys !

Edited by NOBLER2 - 21/Apr/2012 at 9:30pm
Mr&MrsNifty View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 179322
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Mr&MrsNifty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Apr/2012 at 6:33pm
Wing loading on the glassed Stinger will be high, keep the nose down, keep airspeed up when you're flying and just be careful when you're coming in for a landing andstay out of its path when its landing, it will come in hot. Final approach, feel it all the way down, keep the wings completely level, flare and let the rear wheels (or rear fuse) touch down first but whatever you do, don't let her slip to the right or left.
Sounds almost dirty but just like the "Discovery Channel Mambo", any landing you walk away from in one piece equals another visceral flight (or mambo).
The universe does not owe you a sense of hope...
lukino37 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote lukino37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Apr/2012 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Mr&MrsNifty

Wing loading on the glassed Stinger will be high, keep the nose down, keep airspeed up when you're flying and just be careful when you're coming in for a landing andstay out of its path when its landing, it will come in hot. Final approach, feel it all the way down, keep the wings completely level, flare and let the rear wheels (or rear fuse) touch down first but whatever you do, don't let her slip to the right or left.
Sounds almost dirty but just like the "Discovery Channel Mambo", any landing you walk away from in one piece equals another visceral flight (or mambo).

thanx for good advice will definetly remember   
lukino37 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote lukino37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Jun/2012 at 4:36am
hope that my stuff comes finally 2morrow and then i will give some updates desperate 4 speed flying bud i allready got plane called ghost its really fast but never got gutd for it it's to fast for me nee to start with this updated stinger let u know shortly
lukino37 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote lukino37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Jun/2012 at 5:32pm
some updates the order came and they send me wrong battery do you think that it would work on 3s 2200
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>