Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChowMonkey View Drop Down
Platinum  (NL)
USERID: 870576
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChowMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 6:59pm
I thought the mems 250 was hard to setup but if you take 5 minutes to study the manual it's actually pretty simple..
hairykarts View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 424820
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote hairykarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Jun/2012 at 11:16am
Been using the "futaba 401b" ones via dh gate at $20 +-. seem ok . same as the old hk401b.
I must remember .... when inverted .... down is up and up is down .
Sooty View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 173750
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sooty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Jun/2012 at 12:11pm
I asked the question some time ago. Are the Chinese Futaba 401B clones as good as the earlier HK 401Bs?

Looks like you have sorted that one. Some of the Chinese Futaba clones sell for around $48 USD.

Hobby Kink have really dropped the ball with their one.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
trevpez View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 387362
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote trevpez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Jun/2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by hairykarts

Been using the "futaba 401b" ones via dh gate at $20 +-. seem ok . same as the old hk401b.

I have purchased at least 15 of these gyros now.Yes HK has dropped the ball.Yes they are clones[I think].
I have had 2 that gave problems,when opened,they had a zinc nut under there circuit board[which I presumed is to dampen vibration],these had hot glue coming undone issues,but some 5min epoxy has fixed both.I put the glue in the nut with some sticky tape to hold it,position the nut and pull out the tape [100% sucess].
These are good copies,wouldn't you guys agree?
Aziris View Drop Down
Platinum  (LV)
USERID: 1641072
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Aziris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Sep/2013 at 2:31am
Also GAZ-126 is good replacement (among others), just did it on my heli. HK401B was not holding heading well no matter what I tried.
WTWUK View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 976346
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote WTWUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Sep/2013 at 3:11am
Yup - the GAZ-126 is actually very good, along with the G-105 and the Titan 720.
Have used all three and they are every bit as good as original HK401B's.
Having said that, I have recently built a clone 450 and fitted a new type 401B to it with a very fast (0.06) tail servo and it behaves impeccably. I will try it with a slower servo and see what transpires.
I have some more helicopters. I crash a lot less than I used to! As of 24 Apr 2014, I am so NOT UK!! I am officially Cornish!!!
kev.keene View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 371408
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote kev.keene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Sep/2013 at 10:41pm
I've had great results with the GA-250, and have never had a 401b that holds great, original or new, no matter how they are modded. I don't see how the setup for the 250 could be viewed as 'difficult', try setting up some of the original hk fbl controllers and then tell me the 250s are hard to setup hah. Anyway, now that a decent fbl controller can be had for under $100, or even under $60, I don't see the point of wasting another dime on any single axis gyro...
HK600GT/REX600 FBL TarotZYX
HK500GT/REX500 FBL TarotZYX-S
TREX 450 PRO (Quark)
Blade McpX, 400, MSR, CX2
WTWUK View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 976346
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote WTWUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Sep/2013 at 11:03pm
I like the GA-250's as well - I used them on three of my 250's and one 450. All easy to setup - and the latest one with the newest formware is really good. The 401's from at least three years back were really good. The newer ones ... yuk! Apart from this one I setup the other day. I have put a slower (0.1) servo on it - and yup. Awful again. Not my heli, so it has to stay, but with the faster servo back on it. Maybe that is the answer to these new ones ... I dunno.
Bot you are right about the FBL controllers - they are the way forward. Even the cheap ones are generally pretty darned good.
I just updated one of the 3GX units I have on a DFC 250 and it really is markedly better than the previous version. Much quicker pitch control - the 250 virtually vanished with the same stick movement as before! I though 'where did he go!!!!???' LOL!!!! Nasty little thing ... lololol!!!!
I have some more helicopters. I crash a lot less than I used to! As of 24 Apr 2014, I am so NOT UK!! I am officially Cornish!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12