Power Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
firenice View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 1326052

Online Status: Offline
  Quote firenice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power Problems
    Posted: 11/Apr/2012 at 11:49am
I just received the Turnigy 9X 9CH TX. I have over 10 volts at the battery box connector. But nothing responds when the power switch is in the on position. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Sooty View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 173750
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sooty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Apr/2012 at 12:00pm
Does the display screen light up or are you meaning that servos & receiver don't respond?

Bruce will probably be along soon to solve your problem.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
Keeth View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 763654
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Keeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Apr/2012 at 12:58pm
Try jiggling the connector where the battery plugs in... I hardwired mine with a JST connector....
firenice View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 1326052

Quote firenice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Apr/2012 at 2:31pm
Every thing is dead. No screen.
Sooty View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 173750
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sooty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Apr/2012 at 3:42pm
Sounds like the juice is not getting to the PC board. Rip the back off and follow the power wires from the battery connector. Check the solder joints at the switch for dry joints & broken wires/connections. Follow the trail using a volt meter.

Waste of time worrying about warranty as it is not worth chasing up - just trace the problem yourself or get a mate with some electronic experience to do it for you.

Some people have brought the tx to life by simply tapping the battery holder which does not always allow good contacts due to holding batteries too tightly.

In your case the problem seems to be a bit further along the line. Check the connection terminals where battery pack lead plugs in. Reversed polarity? Won't be the first time battery packs have been wired wrong.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
 Post Reply Post Reply