Salvaged Micro heli quadcopter.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alien200049655 View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 959036

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alien200049655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salvaged Micro heli quadcopter.
    Posted: 06/Apr/2012 at 3:33pm
I've worked out a novel idea for salvaging whats left of my crashed and destroyed Syma S107G Micro Rc heli(s). I didn't wanna shell out the $200 for a new quadcopter kit. So I used my creativity, and extensive experience with micro heli(s) to recycle the wrecks. I removed the RX board from 4 copters, and did away with the tail rotors. So I'm left with the main rotor assemblies, fuselages, and tail booms. which I mounted (Butt to Butt) on a piece of 1/8" press board circle thats about 4.5" in diameter. used 4 "Turnigy 3A 3.7V micro brushed ESC(s)" because the small motors in these copters are brushed. 2 Turnigy Ultra-small V-tail servo mixers(for differential thrust), and a 4ch (Mode 2)rc radio set made by Futaba. the vehicle uses (5) 1S 3.7V 600mah. LiPo cells. 1 for each ESC, and 1 for the RX.

The whole contraption weighs about 90grams. What I need help with is:

Does anyone think this Experimental multi-rotor will fly? or will I cook the ESCs trying to get it off the floor? I don't know how to find out how much lift each powerplant will generate.

But I know that the quadrotor needs to weigh 50% less than the max lift force. shedding some of the Aluminum parts allowed me to reduce the total vehicle weight from 120g to the before mentioned 90g.

So I need about 180g of lift. does anyone know how much lift a Syma S107G helicopter can generate? I would just multiply the answer by 4, and I'll have the total lifting capacity, and thus determine if this thing will fly, and hopefully fly well. I'm afraid to test fly it in fear of frying 4 very expensive ESCs.

By the way... There is no Gyro because I'm able to fly "Gyroless".
3D flying taught me to do that.        

Edited by Alien200049655 - 06/Apr/2012 at 3:38pm
Gold  (US)

Quote Alien200049655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Apr/2012 at 2:31am
I was hoping to get a reply by now, WOW!
chiefnes View Drop Down
Platinum  (NL)
USERID: 1326722
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote chiefnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Apr/2012 at 12:38am
thrust for one syma would be around 65 grams..put the top props upside down on the rear and the rear usd on the top...
http://youtu.be/_gnjLOg9K6Q

with coaxial systems you have the advantage of no yaw.
but keeping 4 copters level would be hard.. to get them all producing the same thrust would be a long trimming process,and once you have it trimmed one of the lipo's is depleted more than the other and you can start all over again.

i think it's smarter to use one lipo for the whole system, yes the lipo would be heavier than one.. but not heavier than 5 with the combined amps.

but it will be interesting to see if you pull it off!
Gold  (US)

Quote Alien200049655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2012 at 3:54pm
chiefnes>> I've indeed pulled it off since I last posted here. it took running the entire system off a central power bus, and a kk multicopter controller, and about 3 weeks of headaches, but it up and running. will upload a YouTube video soon. to so that it is working.
 Post Reply Post Reply