HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Product Specific > Transmitters and Receivers > Spectrum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

orange 9 channel bind oddity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bobcom52 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 885664

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bobcom52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: orange 9 channel bind oddity
    Posted: 05/Apr/2012 at 11:44am
Hi when binding to my 9 channel Orange rx I loose bind with all my 6 channel rx's.
When I rebind to any one of the 6 channel rx's I loose the bind to the 9 channel.
According to the published info I have seen this should not happen.

Anyone with a dx5e,one of these 9 channel rx and other rx's noticed this issue?
regards
Bob

Maximilionalpha View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 504602
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Maximilionalpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Apr/2012 at 12:01pm
The DX5e is not a 5 model memory transmitter, it's a 1 model memory transmitter, so, therefore, when you bind it to a specific rx, it remembers that rx, but then when you bind it to a different rx, the previous rx is erased from it's memory.

Edited by Maximilionalpha - 05/Apr/2012 at 12:02pm
bobcom52 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)

Quote bobcom52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Apr/2012 at 12:30pm
Not according to the published info. The rx gets told the id of the tx to respond to.
I (like many others) have several rx bound to my tx. I only loose them if I bind to this 9 channel rx for some unexplained reason.
Maximilionalpha View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 504602
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Maximilionalpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Apr/2012 at 12:37pm
But, here-in lies the problem...you have 6ch rx's that your tx was bound to, with the same control setup, well the nine channel rx has 3 more control features than the 6ch rx's, so, hence, your model loss begins.
bobcom52 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)

Quote bobcom52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Apr/2012 at 2:39pm
According to all the published info on the dsm2 protocol, binding is simply downloading the tx GUID and model memory number (in the case of the dx5e always no. 1)to the rx. Thus, it doesn't know or care if my rx is 1 channel or 10 channel. Maybe they are wrong, but I haven't seen any counter arguments published on that point so far.
Once bound my tx happily operates the first 6 channels of the 9 channel rx as I would expect.
regards
Bob

Post Reply Post Reply