Junkers Ju52/3m

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Landcruiser View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 401544

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Landcruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Junkers Ju52/3m
    Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 2:19pm
Recently I flew my model for the first time and through my fault had a unexpected arrival at ground level. The damage was minimal but the outer propeller was pushed into the cowl. When I eased out the prop the whole mechanism was left dangling but still attached. Obviously I had to get inside the nacelle to see what happened. After some research I found that most of the underside of the wing is a plug. Simply remove the undercarriage and mounting plates, slide a knive blade around all the joints and carefully lever off with a thin blade, such as a 12" rule.

This showed that the prop shaft is a screw glued to a backing plate and this had come free. A spot of glue and as they say Hey Presto! However, while the plug was out I further researched how to attuate the flaps. There is sufficient room for another servo by cutting out a suitable shape in the plug, similar to the aileron servo well. Fitting outer motors would also be relatively easy to fit and the existing firewall could be used to locate the new motor.

As I write this most of the damage has been repaired although I have had to wait for exopy glues to dry. I found the foam glue I bought wasn't able to hold stressed items together. If anyone is interested I took a photo of the stripped down wing showing the plug removed. You may have to prompt how I go about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply