Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Maximilionalpha View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 504602
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maximilionalpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simple Keychain Pan System
    Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 2:42am
Here's a simple, yet, effective panning system for those of you with keychain cams.
For extra security, run two small screws through the plywood board into the servo arm and also, attach about a one end of a 15 inch piece of 20-30lb kite line to the fuse and the other end, attach a small fishing swivel. This will be used to clip to the end of the camera just in case of crashes, or accidental dislodges while looping or performing stunts. This way, the camera stays with the aircraft.

Edited by Maximilionalpha - 02/Apr/2012 at 4:23am
theSelf View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 777234

Quote theSelf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 3:03am
thanks maximilionalpha!
Platinum  (US)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Maximilionalpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 3:45am
Attache a strip of velcro to the top of the fuselage where you want to mount the pan system and a piece of velcro onto the bottom of the styro-foam base, to secure the two. If setup correctly, you will not experience any of the jello-ing effects that generally occur without this type of design setup. Note! Depending on where you choose to mount this setup, you'll need a 6 to 18 inch servo lead extension!

Edited by Maximilionalpha - 02/Apr/2012 at 2:40pm
red25 View Drop Down
Platinum  (PH)
USERID: 911556
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote red25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 10:14am
great idea thanks ill try this one. but how do i set the servo on the knob on my 9x?
chiefnes View Drop Down
Platinum  (NL)
USERID: 1326722
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote chiefnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 12:30pm
tape/glue/screw a second servo, with the horn to the side of the first servo and you can get a pan/tilt setup! easy peachy!

although i just buy the cheap pan tilt setup from HK though.. less than $5 and you are golden!

Platinum  (US)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Maximilionalpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 12:50pm
Free, if you have spare servos from old aircraft laying around.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WrFuQBBNUjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Maximilionalpha - 02/Apr/2012 at 1:18pm
Platinum  (US)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Maximilionalpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by red25

great idea thanks ill try this one. but how do i set the servo on the knob on my 9x?
Plug servo into the channel that the knob controls. I have my tilt, plugged into my gear channel and my pan, into the aileron channel.
red25 View Drop Down
Platinum  (PH)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote red25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Maximilionalpha

Originally posted by red25

Plug servo into the channel that the knob controls. I have my tilt, plugged into my gear channel and my pan, into the aileron channel.

you mean if you turn with the aileron the camera pans on the same direction? neat trick! how do you put the pan servo on slave with the aileron control?
Platinum  (US)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Maximilionalpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 2:05pm
No, no , no. I only use pan/tilt, when I have this setup onto my Parkzone Radian. When I put it on my Phoenix 2000, I only use tilt(gear channel), but even so, if you wanted to set it up the way you have described, you would use a servo 2-Y connectors and run it to your aileron slot on the receiver. One aileron gets a lead to itself, while the other shares the second Y connector with the pan system.
red25 View Drop Down
Platinum  (PH)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote red25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Apr/2012 at 7:25pm
got it. thank you very much.
 Post Reply Post Reply