Faulty Lipo received

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cyprusflyer View Drop Down
Platinum  (CY)
USERID: 1278756

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyprusflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faulty Lipo received
    Posted: 31/Mar/2012 at 9:59pm
Last monday I received 4 Turnigy nano-tech 4500mah 6S 45~90C Lipo batteries order number 2004117141.
The first thing I do is check the voltage, these should be approx 23v at 50% charge. Unfortunately one registered only 18.4v, one cell was 0v, another was 1v lower than the others.
This is a high spec battery costing $82, I have raised a ticket but as yet no reply.
Here is a picture of the faulty battery with voltage reading:

I have received about 14 batteries so far, this is the first faulty and hope for a speedy resolution here
Photo

Edited by Cyprusflyer - 31/Mar/2012 at 10:31pm
AmmoJammo View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 392876
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote AmmoJammo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Apr/2012 at 2:24pm
yeah, its scrap.

I don't think you can legally send it back via air mail, as its a fire hazard, so basically, you have a combustible paper weight.

I've gotten three dead lipos from hobby jester so far, thankfully they weren't expensive ones.

since then another 3 won't balance or keep balanced.

So of the 18 batteries I've bought, 1/3rd have been dodgy.
speedy72vega View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 202846
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Quote speedy72vega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Apr/2012 at 8:15am
Cyprusflyer, post a thread in the order support forum, include your order number in the title. Put the picture in also. CS will help, you will most likely receive a store credit for the cost of the battery.
Uncontrolled contact with terrain is a bad thing.
Platinum  (CY)

Quote Cyprusflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Apr/2012 at 7:08pm
Thanks guys, I have the usual nonsense about returning a battery that was received and checked faulty the same day, submitted photographic evidence but no, they want me to return it and NO Refund for the cost.
As far as I am concerned HK are in breach of contract, we had an agreement where I paid for new serviceable batteries including postage. This has not been fulfilled, there is no way I am responsible for further postage cost due to poor quality control on behalf of HK.
This company hides in the Far East, yes they may be cheaper but there is little recourse and customer service is appaling (1 week to answer emails).
So HK are playing the game, discouraging what is not even a warranty claim, its DOA, OK this is where our relationship ends and I will be publishing the FACTS on every forum and I can find.
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1241240
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Apr/2012 at 9:01pm
It has been stated elsewhere that you can return a faulty item to the EU warehouse (which is a far cheaper option) whether it was obtained from HK or wherever. Get a RMA and send it to Hamburg
I don't care what it says on the profile - I'm so NOT GB!
vasy1 View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 15488
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote vasy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Apr/2012 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Cyprusflyer

Thanks guys, I have the usual nonsense about returning a battery that was received and checked faulty the same day, submitted photographic evidence but no, they want me to return it and NO Refund for the cost.
As far as I am concerned HK are in breach of contract, we had an agreement where I paid for new serviceable batteries including postage. This has not been fulfilled, there is no way I am responsible for further postage cost due to poor quality control on behalf of HK.
This company hides in the Far East, yes they may be cheaper but there is little recourse and customer service is appaling (1 week to answer emails).
So HK are playing the game, discouraging what is not even a warranty claim, its DOA, OK this is where our relationship ends and I will be publishing the FACTS on every forum and I can find.

Returning to the store at your copst is life.
If you buy a faulty item at the store that you drove 5 hours to and it broke or was damaged when you got home to try it out, you have to drive it back to the strore at your expense.
Same thing is here, you just ship it. You might be lucky that you can return it to a closer location.
Too bad about the faulty unit though. Would be nice if HK had better QC.
I've had to return a few and all were large capacity models :(
Platinum  (CY)

Quote Cyprusflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Apr/2012 at 1:07pm
A bit of a Rant, calmed down and we have a satisfactory conclusion with a credit so I am in better mood now
speedy72vega View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 202846
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Quote speedy72vega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Apr/2012 at 9:00pm
Uncontrolled contact with terrain is a bad thing.
vasy1 View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 15488
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote vasy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Apr/2012 at 11:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply