Beginners Heli

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dookie View Drop Down
Platinum  (BE)
USERID: 757442

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beginners Heli
    Posted: 29/Mar/2012 at 1:56pm
Wich HK Heli is suitable for a complete newbie ? I have flown micro-coax heli's and the HK FP 100 . I like to build kits .

Thanks beforehand ,

Bob
tonytobar View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 148730
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote tonytobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Mar/2012 at 2:13pm
The old adage applies the bigger they are the easier they are to fly and the more stable they are. But also the bigger they are the more expensive they are to repair when you crash , which you will do.

The 450 seems to be a popular size to start on but it is more affected by wind being lighter.But it is much cheaper to set up with smaller servos battery ESC etc.

My personal choice would be a 500 size like the HK 500CMT TT which is fully compatable with Align and a very stable flier when set up properly. Most parts not available from HK but those not available can be got from all Align agents.
hairykarts View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 424820
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote hairykarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Mar/2012 at 4:30am
2 on that, Been flying mine for18 months , read all the threads and do all the checks re locktite etc, on the 500 , 99% of spares are available on HK ,
I must remember .... when inverted .... down is up and up is down .
tonytobar View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 148730
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote tonytobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Mar/2012 at 6:35am
OOPS Re read my post and realized that I put a "not" in the wrong place.Should have read most parts available from HK those that are not are available from Align dealers
Dookie View Drop Down
Platinum  (BE)

Quote Dookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Mar/2012 at 5:54pm
What about the HK-250GT or the firefox ? Too small ? In Belgium we don't have much flying area's , in my neighbourhood only a few soccer fields ... The smaller , the better

Thanks for your quick reply guys , very kind of you

Greetings from Mortsel ( Antwerp , Belgium )

Bob
trevpez View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 387362
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote trevpez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Mar/2012 at 6:53pm
Hk250 is way too twitchy to learn on.I would suggest the nine ealges 328
to learn on.They are nice and steady, can be flown inside and are good to learn to hover.You need to learn to hover face in before you can master forward flight properly.I strongly recomend the one of these
Dookie View Drop Down
Platinum  (BE)

Quote Dookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2012 at 1:42am
Good idea ! Like this heli but unfortunately HK is prohibited to sell this little wonder to Belgians

I'll visit april 18th Intermodellbau at Dortmund , Germany . Now I know what to look for thanks to you guys .
Thank you all very much

Bob

PS I fly the HK FP 100 ( aka WL V911 ) like an ace but I know the way to succes is very long
trevpez View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote trevpez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Apr/2012 at 9:28pm
I'm really happy with my nine eagles solo pro 328.If HK won't ship to Belgium try ampmodels.com I have found them to be reasonable priced and have had good service from them.
The 328 is a smooth flying heli,I have the FP100, a geniune TRex100 and a solo pro 11.The 328 is the best and is a good transition to bigger helis,I also fly 250's, 450's and 500's
Dookie View Drop Down
Platinum  (BE)

Quote Dookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Apr/2012 at 6:29pm
THX for the reply ! Let's go for the 328
trevpez View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote trevpez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Apr/2012 at 7:43pm
ampmodels.com or miraclemart.com have the 328,I have bought one from each,with good service from both.They both carry spares for them.Spares are a real good idea, cabin,rotor heads,flybar,linkages and landing gear are a good start.HK has the nanotech batteries at a good price,I tape up the inside of all my canopies helps stopping them from splitting.Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>