Dead cell on Turnigy 3.3 3 cell..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bakchos View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 308422

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bakchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dead cell on Turnigy 3.3 3 cell..
    Posted: 23/Mar/2012 at 8:58am
Like title says it is the 2nd lipo i get with a dead cell on arrival, i have bought alot of 2200 before and never had a problem, last time i got a 3000, 1 cell was dead and now i get a 3300 with a dead cell...

The lipo is 25$ and i have to pay 21$ to send it back... anyway Hobbyking can send the replacement one with free shipping ?

here is a video showing the dead cell.

Video

Edited by Bakchos - 23/Mar/2012 at 8:59am
airwave View Drop Down
Retail  (US)
USERID: 71296
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote airwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Mar/2012 at 9:05am
Bakchos,They will need to see the battery,waranty code,test cells all in one frame most of the time.IF it is a HK brand battery you will have a good chance at a replacement.IMO
Bakchos View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)

Quote Bakchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Mar/2012 at 9:27am
Originally posted by airwave

Bakchos,They will need to see the battery,waranty code,test cells all in one frame most of the time.IF it is a HK brand battery you will have a good chance at a replacement.IMO

I have it in the box ready to send back, but the warranty code has missing numbers because of the velcro that was on the back of it, i just feel bad that i will have to pay again for shipping... so if you get the shipping i paid + the shipping to send it back + new shipping for replacement it is cheaper to buy a new one..
airwave View Drop Down
Retail  (US)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote airwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Mar/2012 at 10:47am
That is the case most the time,IF and I say IF you feal good about working on lipos you could look and see if the cell is dead/bad in this case it could make a 2 cell thats OK.if you have it taged and baged to ship out send it back.it may take a bit to get a replacement to you.Just info
Sawdust View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 628468
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sawdust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Mar/2012 at 10:52am
I'm wondering if they'd even cover it under warranty if it's had velcro on it (plus no code of course) since they may consider it a used battery now.
I'm never wrong, once I thought I was but I was mistaken.
Bakchos View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)

Quote Bakchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Mar/2012 at 4:29am
Just dropped it at the post office, please consider this :

the lipo was 25.99 + 9.99 shipping, now i pay 20.94 to send it back by cheapest air mail, so its 56.92$ i can get 3300 lipo cheaper from USA.

You really need to up the quality control, the reason i have always bought stuff from HK is the price and the fact that i always got good product, but if the quality drops i will buy locally.

just my opinion !

btw i have 6 pages of orders from you and i am afraid to add all the $ on my orders... i am not a new client looking for a fight.

Edited by Bakchos - 24/Mar/2012 at 4:30am
ppino View Drop Down
Platinum  (IT)
USERID: 9332

Quote ppino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/Mar/2012 at 3:53pm
hi to everyone, first post here.
bakchos i totally agree with you, i've a relatively long history of buying from hk, but recently i've had a bad cell in a nanotech 4400 4s pack. from italy it's like impossible to have a worranty (too high the shipping costs) and from the other hand price for the new and more performing pack are raising fast...and the quality?
hope to have always fun from what we buy
ciao
Bakchos View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)

Quote Bakchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Apr/2012 at 7:42am
wanted to let you guys know, they accepted the warranty BUT, all i see is 21$ credit in my account, no idea if they shipp a new lipo or not, if they dont... :

The lipo was 25$, they gave me back 21$, i paid 25 + 9 shipping + 21 shpping to send it back, so its 55$ total and if i dont get a new one for free i am in big loss, i might consider buying my lipo locally since this is the 2nd deffective i get.

btw, i try to get live support and waited 25 minutes 3 days in a row and never got to talk to anyone.

Edited by Bakchos - 15/Apr/2012 at 7:43am
airwave View Drop Down
Retail  (US)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote airwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Apr/2012 at 8:24am
Thanks for the update,can't tell you how it is done.Have never shiped one back.Have seen post were they gave store credit for shipping,then sent replacement out,don't take this for fact.best you check with HK.
Saw some post were Live chat looks dead right now.are AM is there night
might try late and be better??
Bakchos View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)

Quote Bakchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2012 at 5:35am
still no news from them, no shipping notice, no email answer.... really NOT IMPRESSED......

Edited by Bakchos - 01/May/2012 at 5:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>