Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mustang Sally View Drop Down
Platinum  (AE)
USERID: 52654
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mustang Sally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Mar/2012 at 6:19am
At least take the effort to look and search on the internet, forums may be quite helpfull, but even on fora people might have to make the search on teh internet so why don't start at with that yourself.

Do you know Google? of course you do.
Her is what google comes up whit within 0.0000033sec when you type in "TowerPro H40A Brushless Speed Controller instructions"

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/644395687X212460X16.pdf

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/49046891X195692X14.pdf

even the product page has a tap next to discussion and review, called files, in most cases you will find a manual uploaded by other users.

And NO no-one has taught me, I educate myself.
A minimal technical knowledge is required for this hobby; please ensure you know the differences between up and down.
darkodomination View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 1326372

Quote darkodomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Mar/2012 at 6:24am
Ok
Nevermind, forget about it. Thank you all for the great help. I appreciate it and have a nice day.
Platinum  (US)

Quote darkodomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Mar/2012 at 11:47am
So guess what? I did not harm my motor. The spark was normal as it was just the current. If I would of held the battery there the motor would have spun up. I attached all equipment to the Rx on the heli and instead of throttle down when power up, I left throttle up and powered up. It went through a series of beeps and walla! Throttle up and head rotor spins like a champ. I just need to program my radio!

I respect it though, that some people treat this as some technical science that you'd have to get a degree to understand... but really, its not that way c'mon. Tinker and learn.

Have a good one all.
Sawdust View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 628468
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sawdust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Mar/2012 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by darkodomination

If I would of held the battery there the motor would have spun up.
--------------------------------------
Ummmm   no it wouldn't have. These are brushless 3 phase motors. You were just shorting the windings.
--------------------------------------

I left throttle up and powered up. It went through a series of beeps and walla! Throttle up and head rotor spins like a champ.

-------------------------------------
What you actualy did by pure fluke was to do what Mustang Sally told you to do before and calibrate the throttle.

You realy should do some of the reading up that was suggested to you. This stuff can actualy be complicated. I sure as hell can only partly understand some of it.
I'm never wrong, once I thought I was but I was mistaken.
Platinum  (US)

Quote darkodomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Mar/2012 at 3:11pm
For crying out loud, is everyone a wise guy on these forums? I think I'll go elsewhere for answers from now on, you all really don't seem like your here to help at all.

You people tell me to read and do research, (WHICH I DO), and it seems you can't even read the few words that I post.

DURING MY RESEARCH.... I read that you are supposed to leave the throttle down during the initial power up. Doing so, (which now I understand by tinkering and researching), put my ESC into a programming mode. So I tried the opposite. I left the throttle fully up while I connected the battery to the esc, I waited for the first beep sequence then throttled down, and everything worked as it should ie. the motor responded to my stick movements.

THANK YOU ALL

Edited by darkodomination - 11/Mar/2012 at 3:31pm
Sawdust View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 628468
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sawdust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Mar/2012 at 3:40pm
(A) You've still got it wrong.

(B) " I think I'll go elsewhere for answers from now on, " That's probably a good idea but with your ignorant and ungrateful attitude you'll be lucky to get much help once people work you out so good luck with that.
We actualy have been trying to help you.
I'm never wrong, once I thought I was but I was mistaken.
kanga View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 587958
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote kanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Mar/2012 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by darkodomination

So I tried the opposite. I left the throttle fully up while I connected the battery to the esc, I waited for the first beep sequence then throttled down, and everything worked as it should ie. the motor responded to my stick movements.

That is what you need to do initially to program the esc to the transmitter.
On future start ups you can now use low throttle ,as you now have programed the esc to the transmitter throttle range.

Edited by kanga - 11/Mar/2012 at 5:01pm
Helicopters Don't fly,
they just beat the air
into submission :)
Platinum  (US)

Quote darkodomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Mar/2012 at 5:04am
Thank you Kanga,
that was the first friendly response I've gotten since I joined this forum. These other "people" seem as if there not even reading the words I type. And then go and judge me as if they know me, with insults and blind rudeness.

Kanga, I need to wait for my programming cord for the HK Tx. My throttle will not respond by doing the initialization with throttle down, it goes into what I read as programming beeps for the ESC. I'm using the Towerpro 40A (purple one with airholes in the chasis).

So bottom line is my radio's throttle is reversed. Needs programming. I would post a vid for you to show you if I could. But the motor only responds to movements on the stick if I initialize with throttle up ONLY.
Platinum  (US)

Quote darkodomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Mar/2012 at 5:07am
Sawdust,
What do you mean, "we"? The first post you contributed to this topic was to call me a liar, or imply that I am mistaken by what I am observing, and then insult me by suggesting that I need to do research (which I have been). Last time I checked a forum was to help people with questions and share ideas etc. If it was as easy as telling someone to just "go research it" what would be the point?

sawdust,
you are of no further use on this topic, go abuse someone else's posts.

Edited by darkodomination - 12/Mar/2012 at 5:14am
rcozstyle View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 7328
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote rcozstyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Mar/2012 at 4:05pm
To run a brushless motor it needs to be powered by the esc, the esc does all the switching to make them run, unlike a brushed motor which just needs a power source.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12