HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Hobby King Forums > Grave Yard Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Never Leave You Lipo Battery Unattended Charging
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Never Leave You Lipo Battery Unattended Charging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
boysie View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 458628
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Online Status: Offline
  Quote boysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Apr/2012 at 8:42pm
Hey ho!
Alien200049655 View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 959036

Quote Alien200049655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Apr/2012 at 2:27am
boysie>> nice to meet you. How long you been a heli pilot? ...Check out my other forum post, you maybe able to help with a problem with an experimental heli I'm working on. Search for "Salvaged Micro heli Quadcopter"

Edited by Alien200049655 - 07/Apr/2012 at 2:34am
boysie View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 458628
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote boysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Apr/2012 at 8:54am
A couple of years but I can't help, I've only got the one and I bought it ready to fly. It's a Comanche.
Simoc View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1340808

Quote Simoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Apr/2012 at 10:19pm
Well like someone said at the start a $2 Lipo sack would have saved you. Do everything else in precautions as well but you have to think if it explodes what might happen. It's very basic stuff.Much cheaper than thinking "it won't happen to me'
marcospratas View Drop Down
Platinum  (PT)
USERID: 268420
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote marcospratas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Apr/2012 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Maximilionalpha

That's just my small motor cycle charger that I use to connect my lipo charger to it when I'm in the house. That was only providing 12volts to my lipo charger and not the battery itself, the battery was laying in front of that charger and while plugged into my lipo charger. I always keep the charge rate at 1 amp and the lipo was 1250 mah and yes, my lipo charger balance charges automatically. It's the 2-3 cell DC Li-po Balancing charger from HorizonHobby. The battery had been giving me errors earlier into the charge, but I kept resetting the charger. Big mistake!

Last week I throw up 4 lipo's into trash because they were giving errors. Never trust in a lipo with charging errors.
Maximilionalpha View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 504602
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Maximilionalpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Apr/2012 at 2:46am
Good deal! Wouldn't have thrown them into the trash inside of my house though. I now keep all of my batteries, including the NiCad's in a big metal coffee can.
cptn blinky View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 298454
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote cptn blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2012 at 11:56pm
I dont know Ive seen some one trying very hard to over charge one with a lead type battery, then lay into it with a hammer ..Only to way to make it catch on fire was to charge it with petrol..

Just ask mr Bruce Simpson AKA Xjet AKA rcmodelreviews..

that was a funny vid..
Right after a spectacular crash, the pilot yelled out ''Channel 35 clear!

Reaction View Drop Down
Gold  (CA)
USERID: 1004078

Quote Reaction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2012 at 9:15pm
Glad everything was ok aside from a little smoke. Could have been much worse with a larger lipo. I swear by lipos as do most but I will never charge them in my house for that reason. Grab yourself a lipo bag if you haven't got another area to charge them in. Better safe.
Maximilionalpha View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 504602
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Maximilionalpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2012 at 10:35pm
HH sent me out a LiPo bag, 6s balance charger, and a new LiPo battery, so now they charge and stay stored inside that LiPo bag.
Sooty View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 173750
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sooty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2012 at 3:04pm
Don't get too comfortable with the lipo bags - the seams burst open with the heat and pressure from a really good burn-up.

They need to be hand sewn with a lightweight (stainless) steel lacing wire if you want to be sure they will hold together. Particularly if you have a bag full of batteries - one going off will set off all the others - Kerpooofff!!!

Edited by Sooty - 23/May/2012 at 3:05pm
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>