Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tnt2k03 View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 774390
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tnt2k03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spektrum cracking down on OrangeRx on Ebay
    Posted: 22/Feb/2012 at 12:18pm
I have noticed that hobby horizon has been cracking down on OrangeRx on ebay. I am afraid pretty soon they will get restriction on orangerx entering the us. Did anyone hear anything about that?

TNT
What goes up, must go down, but sometimes it goes down in many pieces. That sounds like my helicopter crashed.
coptor View Drop Down
Platinum  (MY)
USERID: 635220
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote coptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Feb/2012 at 2:24pm
Unless they patented the DSM2 protocol, they have no legal basis to crack down on anyone else who implemented it their own legit way.

It's like trying to sue everyone who implement the tcp/ip protocol.

LUNDY View Drop Down
Platinum  (BE)
USERID: 500564
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote LUNDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Feb/2012 at 4:07pm
If sales are dropping someone has to be blamed.

And if there is a guy visible and easily traceable selling better stuff than there's for a lower price ,that's the one to go after .

Instead of going after the lookalike copy's of Spektrum Rx, ,finding the counterfeit manufacturer in China that's to difficult,they are producing in small difficult to trace back rooms in neighborhoods where foreigners do not dare to come .             
They take it the easy way ,And in this case that's Anthony Hand's HobbyKing Orange receiver.

High trees catch much wind......
I live my life in the time that I have left ,and wait for the inevitable .
And if they miss me when my day has come.... Don't wait for me , I'm flying !
nibnobsam View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1111194

Quote nibnobsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Feb/2012 at 4:20pm
I don't think they should be worried, maybe glad that more people can now use spektrum Tx due to cheaper receivers.
LUNDY View Drop Down
Platinum  (BE)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote LUNDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Feb/2012 at 4:29pm
Spektrum start's to behave like the German's do ,if there is a fox in there hen house, and the Fox is ?   

Edited by LUNDY - 22/Feb/2012 at 4:32pm
kev.keene View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 371408
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote kev.keene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Feb/2012 at 12:24pm
I cant see them being too worried about the dsm2 stuff now anyway, since they are all about their dsmx stuff now, (which from what I hear isn't really any better)...
HK600GT/REX600 FBL TarotZYX
HK500GT/REX500 FBL TarotZYX-S
TREX 450 PRO (Quark)
Blade McpX, 400, MSR, CX2
rcmodelreviews. View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 4042
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote rcmodelreviews. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Feb/2012 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by kev.keene

I cant see them being too worried about the dsm2 stuff now anyway, since they are all about their dsmx stuff now, (which from what I hear isn't really any better)...

Actually - DSMX is *much* better than DSM2 (what isn't?).

I see there are DSMX-compatible receivers now coming out of China (at very low prices) too -- which is probably why Horizon are getting so worried.

Edited by rcmodelreviews. - 23/Feb/2012 at 3:28pm
RcModelReviews
tnt2k03 View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 774390
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote tnt2k03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Feb/2012 at 7:42pm
Well, they should be worried. Why would I pay $80.00 DSM2 receiver when I can pay one for 6 bucks. Why can't Spektrum lower their price so it would be more affordable like chinese made receiver. They are too greedy.

TNT
What goes up, must go down, but sometimes it goes down in many pieces. That sounds like my helicopter crashed.
LUNDY View Drop Down
Platinum  (BE)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote LUNDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Feb/2012 at 11:16pm
Half of Spektrum's merchandise is made in China and the other half in Taiwan ,they let Chinese and Taiwanese's company's manufacture there
stuff for them, under competition of the cheapest may deliver .

I don't think that the production cost of a Spektrum receiver is 30$ higher than a Orange receiver .
Hobbyking is not a charitable institution,they make a profit selling there stuff ,there is nothing wrong about that ! ,only Spektrum and all the other big guys are used to take a "BIG" profit on every item they sell .

The world is getting smaller every day ,and it's easier for everyone to buy cheap on the Chinese or World market , only the big guys still
don't understand that the day's of making big $$$$ profit on there Chinese import stuff is ending .
sandblaster View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 425326
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote sandblaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2012 at 12:40am
Originally posted by rcmodelreviews.

Originally posted by kev.keene

Actually - DSMX is *much* better than DSM2 (what isn't?).

I see there are DSMX-compatible receivers now coming out of China (at very low prices) too -- which is probably why Horizon are getting so worried.

Are you going to review those receivers and place on your channel?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>