DLE 20 ignition regulator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DOBBER View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 183932

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DOBBER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DLE 20 ignition regulator
    Posted: 14/Feb/2012 at 2:32am
I won't to use a HK lipo battery to power my ignition. But I'm not sure of a HK regulator to use. Can anyone recommand one?
Mustang Sally View Drop Down
Platinum  (AE)
USERID: 52654
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Mustang Sally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Feb/2012 at 3:38am
This one will do the job very well. Just use a 2 cell Lipo, 3cell and above is overkill (the overvoltage will only be transferred in heat)a 1300mah gives me sufficient for a weekend heavy flying.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__4319__TURNIGY_3A_UBEC_w_Noise_Reduction.html

A minimal technical knowledge is required for this hobby; please ensure you know the differences between up and down.
DOBBER View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)

Quote DOBBER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Feb/2012 at 3:45am

I'm using one of these on my reciver in a Waco with a G 38 magnito engine.

Would it work with the regulator?
dose the C rating matter?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8272__ZIPPY_Flightmax_2100mAh_2S3P_Receiver_Pack_.html
rcmodelreviews. View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 4042
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote rcmodelreviews. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Feb/2012 at 4:40am
If you've already got that battery then you could use it but I wouldn't buy one specifically for the task.

In fact, I'd opt for a LiFePO4 pack because when (not if -- but *when*) you accidentally leave your ignition switch on and flatten the battery, the LiFe pack is far less likely to be ruined in the process.
RcModelReviews
Mustang Sally View Drop Down
Platinum  (AE)
USERID: 52654
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Mustang Sally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Feb/2012 at 4:43am
Will work perfect.

The C-rating only matters to on how long you want it to be working before you recharge it. And like said a 1300mah will give you ample for a weeknd flying without being scared that you run out of ignition. A 2100mAh will therefore be more than sufficient.

I only change my capacity of my ignition batteries if I need more balance weight, in that case it's not all dead weight and it's actually more usable than lead
A minimal technical knowledge is required for this hobby; please ensure you know the differences between up and down.
DOBBER View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)

Quote DOBBER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Feb/2012 at 5:09am
Thanks guys for the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply