Solo Pro 180 3d

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lindamus View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 444566

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lindamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solo Pro 180 3d
    Posted: 10/Feb/2012 at 11:03am
Has any one need to repair the main gear and the umbrella gear for the torque tube?

I have found the meshing / synchronisation to be off, and causing too much friction and clicking as the gears try to mesh.

Has any one come across similar issues, if not where else should i be looking for this issue? the main shaft is good, the Torque tube and associated mecanisms seem to be good...

Just for some reason the gears are not meshing.

Any advice or pointers to give?
SilentBob999 View Drop Down
Gold  (CA)
USERID: 1285738

Quote SilentBob999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Feb/2012 at 6:25am
I thing I got a similar issue..

the tail gear was spinning almost freely on the tail shaft.. came like this after first landing.. but take me a while to found out it was that...

The tail servo burn in the mean time and after I get a replacement for the servo I was thinking it should be OK and crash seriously the heli... the counter-rotation was hard to see with the training gear I put on it.. I saw it spinning only when of the ground....

Best thing to do with this heli is to have at least 2-3 spare tail shaft and tail gears...

Many other parts are really fragile but these 2 can broke for no reason at all... (NE402318024A) / (NE402318029A)

I order a thousand of part to bring that heli to live but everything is back-order.. so I think I will wait forever... and at the moment, I think my transmitter is sax up.. I was playing with it in a simulator and somehow I lost some adjustment options.. At some point I should be able to set different value for 3d/normal flight but changing the hold switch don't change the value... I hope that it will at least work when I will receive all these part...

If I do a total cost including the 115$ of part I'm waiting for I spend more than 325$ for that heli...   since it never really fly I'm starting to regret all these Blade heli I saw in all these local hobby store around...
todda View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
USERID: 81324
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote todda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Feb/2012 at 4:53pm
Hello,
yes, gears are very fragile and break easily. Specially the gears connected to the torque tube. Most of the time it unfortunately is the one connected to the main gear (means more work to replace).

Silentbob,
have you tried to flip the normal/3d switch (upper left) before entering the menu?
The hold switch alone has not much to do with the mode change (normal/3d).
SilentBob999 View Drop Down
Gold  (CA)
USERID: 1285738

Quote SilentBob999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2012 at 11:12am
Originally posted by todda

have you tried to flip the normal/3d switch (upper left) before entering the menu?
The hold switch alone has not much to do with the mode change (normal/3d).

For the pitch curve what making the difference between 3d and normal setup is the throttle hold switch..
I assume its the same for the throttle curve, but my throttle curve always show the value for normal flight... I think I remember seeing 100-0-80-0-100, but maybe it was only in the manual and it is not configurable on the transmitter itself.. I'm not sure... can somebody confirm that?
todda View Drop Down
Platinum  (DE)
USERID: 81324
HobbyKing Constituent
HobbyKing Constituent

Quote todda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2012 at 4:25pm
I think I mixed something with the names of the switches...
 Post Reply Post Reply