HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Product Specific > Airplanes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Piper J3 Cub 1400mm EPO (PNF) - Engine off centre
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Piper J3 Cub 1400mm EPO (PNF) - Engine off centre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ponty View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 1257076
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Jan/2012 at 11:37am
Thanks airwave, aileron stick to the low wing as its reversed. Nice tip - Cheers! I have had a look at the spec of the 9X and read a few reviews, no instruction booklet etc - could be a chaotic for a newbie, also on B/O. I like the price looks like allot of bang for your buck!
airwave View Drop Down
Retail  (US)
USERID: 71296
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote airwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Jan/2012 at 11:49am
you are right on the money for to many bells and switches.Its not that bad if you don't try to do heli and airplanes.we got two fly buddy and myself he does both and after ~3 months we found out how to do most of what we wish to do.i just pulled the heli part out and used the airplane setup.just some info
Sooty View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 173750
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sooty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Jan/2012 at 2:57pm
Ponty - see if you can pick up a 2nd hand Futaba 6EX 2.4 ghz TX on trademe and use it with the Orange FAAST receivers available from Hobby King. This will do you for a few years while you get into the R/C sport. Then you will be able to make a decision whether to upgrade later.

I picked one up for $80 NZD about 18 months ago and now have two - one for fixed wing and one for helis. They have a good resell value as well.

Very easy to set up, as decent manual plus all the expo & dual rate adjustments you will need for learning.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
airwave View Drop Down
Retail  (US)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote airwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Jan/2012 at 3:20pm
+ 1 on the futaba, very nice products and ease of use.I have a 72mhz and 2.4gz both are nice.

Edited by airwave - 29/Jan/2012 at 3:45pm
Ponty View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Ponty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Jan/2012 at 4:00pm
Gents, thanks for the guidance! I'll keep me eyes on trade me and see what I can find.

Many thanks Sooty and Airwave!
snappy View Drop Down
Platinum  (IE)
USERID: 73306
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Jan/2012 at 5:18pm
What about me?
   I'm as happy as a very happy sandboy.
airwave View Drop Down
Retail  (US)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote airwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Jan/2012 at 5:39pm
thank you snappy,from us at the forum.
Ponty View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Ponty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Jan/2012 at 2:08pm
Thanks Snappy for your help!

Cheers,
Ponty which by the way is a form of Ninja
shellman View Drop Down
Gold  (AU)
USERID: 1252174
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote shellman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Mar/2012 at 1:28pm
In the space microwave
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123