Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
youngatheart View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 997510
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote youngatheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F-18 Blue Angels EDF Plug-n-Fly RC Jet-Carine
    Posted: 12/Jan/2012 at 8:20pm
Hobby King F-18 Blue Angels EDF Plug-n-Fly RC Jet.
Lost flying over Carine Regional Open space (Beach Reserve) - flying east toward Mitchell Freeway- Spectrum 5E Tx lost contact with orange Rx on take off. Last seen in air west of Beach Road. Has navigation lights (was just before sunset). Front wheel had been braced and battery moved behind front wheel. Very sad son. Not much hope of recovery but what the heck!
drflogalot View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 571902

Quote drflogalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2012 at 12:58pm
It's called karma .. you lost control of it hey.. be thankfull you are not paying someone's medical bills with your stupidity.. join a club an fly legal or I wish you more bad luck.. give us moddelers a bad name you unit ..
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1241240
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2012 at 8:57pm
And just where does it say he wasn't insured or that he was flying iilegally?
I don't care what it says on the profile - I'm so NOT GB!
drflogalot View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 571902

Quote drflogalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2012 at 9:42pm
If you were a member of the maaa you may have an idea .. I guess you or your son are not members or you would know it is illegal to fly outside a club.. and as a long standing member I can assure you that there is no registered club that flies from carine open space.. if you believe you have some type of insurance I can assure you they will not pay any damages because your activities were and will be illegal if you continue to fly of your local park .. not sure if you have heard the saying that its all fun and games till someone gets hurt.. best of luck in the future..
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2012 at 11:26pm
Before you spout any more nonsense here - how do you KNOW what he is or isn't a member of?

It still doesn't say anywhere what he is a member of or anything else.

Go get a life and stop looking for things that don't exist outside your imagination
youngatheart View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 997510
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote youngatheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Aug/2012 at 8:05am
Dear Drflogalot,

Thank you for your warm words of encouragement. I will pass your encouraging words to my young son (one of three), whom I have encouraged to take up this hobby and whom has sufficient enthusiasm and motivation to join the air force cadets and the modelling club at his school and encouraged to participate in the hobby responsibly and safely. I must say I am heartened by your response, I figure your the fella who demands that cubby houses built in street verge trees to a robust standard for the benefit of children and others demand they be pulled down “just in case”, as your risk assessment fails to identify the benefits (upside – risk assessments is not all about “bad outcomes”) of such activities. You would rather the children fail to use their imagination and roam the streets aimlessly, causing grief to the community rather than explore the worlds simple wonders under supervision.
Your thoughtful words I suspect will not inspire potential young members to become members of maaa or to enjoy the wonders of this hobby. What an absolute shame.
spitfire2010 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 302824
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict
Dear Leader

Quote spitfire2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Aug/2012 at 8:59pm
Flogalot sounds like he is from the MAAA. There are many flogalots there with the same righteous attitude.

I get the feeling that the rock you crawled out from is missing you and it's time to return home.

Now push on...

These are the sorts of people who have infested the MAAA with their wisdom. On the upside there is a new organisation call AMAS.org.au. I suggest you try them as their not judgmental or rude and cater to some extent for park flyers.

The MAAA needs a major overhaul IMHO and my I say thanks for the free kick.

Edited by spitfire2010 - 14/Aug/2012 at 9:06pm
MAAA why won't you allow AMAS members to fly at MAAA fields? Criminal really.
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Aug/2012 at 9:39pm
Spit - I've a strange feeling he's someone we already know and has crawled back out from under the rock he was shoved under earlier
spitfire2010 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 302824
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict
Dear Leader

Quote spitfire2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Aug/2012 at 4:21am
I just wanted to make him feel welcome

Hope he comes back to play
MAAA why won't you allow AMAS members to fly at MAAA fields? Criminal really.
KaosKane View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 659344
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote KaosKane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Aug/2012 at 7:03am
he wishes evryone bad luck who doesnt pay his organisation for the right to fly ?? And yes there r limits to free flight and a F-18 foamy is well within the safe limit.. a 6-7 KG fiberglass fpv setup however imo is not and we the people can use judjment to decide
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>