Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aefer View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 321548
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corflute Combat Wing help
    Posted: 01/Dec/2011 at 11:25am
Hello all.
I am currently drawing up a 900mm F-27Q stryker-style plane out of corflute for some combat fun, but this is the first time I've worked with corflute. I've built a couple of profile depron jets and planes though.
I have basically got a top view of the stryker for the wing and a side view for the vertical fins and rough shape of the fuse.

I am hoping to get some ideas for applying the carbon wing spar/s. I have 6mm tube and some 3mm x 1mm strip
I was going to glue a 6mm spar to each leading edge then try to cut a slot across the wing for a main spar. The ribs of the corflute are running front to back by the way.
I plan to fly it hard and fast with the possibility of a pivoting motor for pitch TV so it needs to be rather tough...

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Aefer
Choppy View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 303190

Quote Choppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 9:33pm
I use a brand of adheisive called Sikaflex 227 which is polyueraphane based adhesive. Its not that fast to set (like silicone sealant) but its really tough and flexible. Try running a big strip of coreflute running across the trailing edge and you can make a live hinge and elevon without the need to tape one on. Good luck!
coptor View Drop Down
Platinum  (MY)
USERID: 635220
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote coptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 9:40pm
Hobbyking has a Chinese glue

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17535__Clear_Foam_Glue_Medium_Cure_Large_100ml.html

This can be used with both foam and coroplast.

But for spars, I would additionally fiber tape the edge and some selected area in the middle as well.

camberedaerofoil View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1075270

Quote camberedaerofoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Feb/2013 at 7:01pm
If you match the thickness of the coreflute with the carbon rods, you should be able to stuff the rod straight down the flute panel between the corrugations :)
 Post Reply Post Reply