Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
trevpez View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 387362
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Online Status: Offline
  Quote trevpez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: canary glider
    Posted: 24/Nov/2011 at 5:03pm
When fixing the boom and tail feathers, should the elevator tail plane be on the same plane as the wain wing? Or should there be an angle of attack to create lift by having the main wings leading edge slightly higher than the trailing edge, when in level flight?
regards in advance and thanks
Trev
trevpez View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote trevpez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Nov/2011 at 5:00pm
Problem solved,I purchased 2 planes.The one I started assembly on is missing the small ply former that aligns the boom in the rear of the pod.Havtng the second one to make a templet takes the guess work out
portosol View Drop Down
Platinum  (PT)
USERID: 1283052

Quote portosol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Mar/2012 at 6:14pm
Good morning. I bought the canary sq glider and i got it with me, but does not include the manual instructions on the box and i do not know how to assemble the kit. Can you help me with the manual? Could send me to my e-mail (pedromcdinis@hotmail.com), the manual? It may be in PDF or something else?
Thank's a lot. I'm from Portugal.
Crampy View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 462092
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Crampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Mar/2012 at 6:32pm
The manual is in the files section for the model.
Hope it helps.
portosol View Drop Down
Platinum  (PT)
USERID: 1283052

Quote portosol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Mar/2012 at 1:41am
Thank´s a lot Crampy, you helped me a lot. I´ve got it with me now.
hairykarts View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 424820
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote hairykarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2012 at 7:31am
Re the relative ange of attack of the main wing relative to the tailplane, I have just got one of these and the angle of attack still seems to be 0 degrees . is this right ?
Also having real difficulty getting all the electrics in ( probably because I have a 9x rx (a bit big ) I may have to locate the sevo arms out side the fuselage under the front wing mount !
I must remember .... when inverted .... down is up and up is down .
Crampy View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 462092
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Crampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2012 at 8:01am
The hobbyking 3 and 6 channel v2 receivers will bind to the 9x, that will give you more room to fit everything
trevpez View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote trevpez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2012 at 8:04am
Originally posted by hairykarts

Re the relative ange of attack of the main wing relative to the tailplane, I have just got one of these and the angle of attack still seems to be 0 degrees . is this right ?
Also having real difficulty getting all the electrics in ( probably because I have a 9x rx (a bit big ) I may have to locate the sevo arms out side the fuselage under the front wing mount !

I removed the servo tray placed aflat bit of ply on the floor under the mainwing,I then fixed the servos lying flat,one in front of the other.
This frees up the section under the canopy for battery and RX[which I used a HK 3channel RX, these bind readily to the 9x].
I also made a pod to fit between the wings,offsetting the motor mount foward enough to fit a 5x5 folding prop.Works great,but can also be removed to allow pure gliding
Daithi View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 1241240
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2012 at 8:43am
If you're talking angles of incidence (angle of attack is a different thing) they're always relative to the datum line of the fuelage and 0,0 doesn't quite sound right. Normally the wing is at +2 degrees or thereabouts relative to the datum line - the tail may be the same angle or may not.

Sorry but I just can't resist this - Do canary gliders go cheep?
I don't care what it says on the profile - I'm so NOT GB!
trevpez View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote trevpez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2012 at 2:18pm
Canary gliders do go very cheap ,be careful you don't catch chearpies,it's a very contageous canarial disease
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>