Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Blind Vision View Drop Down
Platinum  (DK)
USERID: 52464
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
ADMIN

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Blind Vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Sep/2011 at 5:34am
I know that, happens here sometimes to -when I in the middle of something.. Like building an insane aquarium, spanning to rooms (kitchen/bathroom) a lot of house cleaning/rebuild had to be done..

just figured what those "pods" were, It's the "holders" for the Trucks Under-truck-lights
Doing some guerilla gardening... take a peek; http://www.facebook.com/groups/416558261701047/ lokal bustop infront of my flat
IceWolf View Drop Down
Gold  (DE)
USERID: 840486
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote IceWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Sep/2011 at 8:35am
Yep, they're the truck holders. But those are "only" the default ones modified while I create a single wheel suspension/hanger system for my own board.

Thats unfortunately alot of work and I don't have my own cnc router yet so I have to find someone with the machines..

Still its going forward..

The original plan was a trike/velomobile but the price is.. pretty high. Standard model scorpion fs = ~3300€ without any modification.

Still, if I would've known those projects eat the similiar cash... d'oh.

Edited by IceWolf - 11/Sep/2011 at 8:36am
Much regards / viele Grüße

Wolf
Blind Vision View Drop Down
Platinum  (DK)
USERID: 52464
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
ADMIN

Quote Blind Vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Sep/2011 at 3:33pm
ohhh, had the same Vision of a Trike/with a full body.. no cash for the trike or the body... -thinking of make one my self, of old bicycle parts (but that will be after all the other projects that are lined up)

We can't let the ideas die, they just keep coming, even when the wallet is empty.
Doing some guerilla gardening... take a peek; http://www.facebook.com/groups/416558261701047/ lokal bustop infront of my flat
marcospratas View Drop Down
Platinum  (PT)
USERID: 268420
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote marcospratas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Sep/2011 at 5:34am
Is there any space for obstacle sensors?
IceWolf View Drop Down
Gold  (DE)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote IceWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Sep/2011 at 8:38am
@Troels:

Yep, horrible expensive.. Velomobiles even more than trikes.

But I just found yesterday a "do it yourself velo" called Alleweder 4. There's an version 8 coming out in the future, too. They're build kits, made from aluminium, have full suspension(!) and cost less than 3000€ which is cheap even for an full suspension trike without shell.

I guess the A8 is one of my next projects after its released. Looks very nice imho and is pretty light (35kg), still offering a crash protection zone because the aluminium doesn't crack like plastic does.

For sure it will not stay as it is, getting technical modifications all over..

@Marco:

You mean to avoid collisions without inteference? Theoretical no problem but the steering is made with manpower, because it is pretty hard to create a single wheel automatic steering solution which can carry 120 kgs+.

I had the idea of servo enforced steering support, but first I'll have to create the suspension itself.

Wolf
IceWolf View Drop Down
Gold  (DE)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote IceWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Apr/2012 at 1:30pm
Hi guys,

it's been a while, was quite busy, sorry for no updates.

I've completed / finished the second eBoard for my other friend with most parts from page #1, as I myself swapped to wholely different parts and plans.

You can look at the first one (streetboard) which was completed as I posted the first postings there here:

http://www.custom-eboard.de/tuning-projekte/geco-es-600/

And the ES 1000, which was the second board with most of the parts from page #1 there:

http://www.custom-eboard.de/tuning-projekte/geco-es-1000/

Under "Bilder | Kommentare" on that page (its from one of my friends who got the ES 1000) you can also see alot of pictures my friends made after they got them (I didn't do much images, thats why I can't embed them directly, sorry).

My own project was delayed a bit, I had to give parts away for painting and such, which I can't do at home (powder coating as example) and I'm actually waiting for their return, so I can continue with my plans.

My board will stay a "offroad" type, but with different kart tires & magnesium kart rims, double motors and GFK deck, together with many more ideas.

Here are some pictures of the first two boards and several of my parts that I use / made / cut / and so on, for those interested:

I'm still waiting for Turnigy Nanotechs to appear in europe warehouse together with powerful outrunner brushless motors.. No luck so far..

The axle/steering I'll use for my own board is made from a BMW StreetCarver board, sold from 2000 - 2005 around and made by a nice designer that I know who is now in retirement. The StreetCarvers died as the tools used to build them broke.. now there are only cheap asian fakes available and some leftover/used models from older times.

I hate thorough axle steering/dampening so I went the old kickass BMW way and modify them myself and make them from street-only to offroad-kickass while erasing the problems that they had. :D

News will come, be patient! ;)

Edited by IceWolf - 27/Sep/2012 at 12:25am

Wolf
IceWolf View Drop Down
Gold  (DE)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote IceWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Sep/2012 at 8:43am
Hi dear users!

Already 4 more months gone.. time flys and I got too much stuff to do..

But I will continue this build log, I ordered alot of parts, got some powder coated pieces back and slow, but steady, it continues.

Here you can see several of the axle construction parts after glasspearl blasting and powder coating:

This is "Alien acid" soup, to... no - wait, this is 2K Epoxy to reinforce the empty spaces against torque damages.

They will be further filled with another, black 2K Epoxy as top coating:

This is one of the handmade-in-an-oldschool-lathe adapter parts which a good man made for me, they are created from "ETG 100" high strength machine build steel and surface hardened/bronzened.

Further details about the combination and process will come in the next days, be patient! (No, it will not take another 4 months.. at least I hope so! )

Edited by IceWolf - 27/Sep/2012 at 12:30am

Wolf
marcospratas View Drop Down
Platinum  (PT)
USERID: 268420
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote marcospratas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Sep/2012 at 3:49pm
I love your projects Wolf
IceWolf View Drop Down
Gold  (DE)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote IceWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Sep/2012 at 9:33pm
Thanks alot!

I'm always happy if people are interested in a bit "unusual" projects!

Wolf
IceWolf View Drop Down
Gold  (DE)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote IceWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Sep/2012 at 11:47am
Hello dear people & fellow Do-It-Yourself-Guys,

today I made some process - I cleaned the axle adapter bores, glued them under high pressure due to tight fitting (I guess 80-100 bar in the chamber) to the axle stumps of the hangers and lubricated them with Mike Sanders corrosion prevention fat (one of the best ones) slightly to protect them.

The adapters are made out of surface hardened and bronzened ETG 100 high strength & torsion resistance steel, which is able to rust, but not under my care.

The glue is an industry leading anaerobic high strength heat resistant "gap" glue, which fills the small wall between old axles and the adapters absolute tight. It is impossible to remove the adapters unless one heats them to 600°C+, but that's exactly what I want: quality & strength.

Here are some pictures of the process which took around three hours, because my perfectionism constraint kicked in.

The bolt nut is the "tool" to screw them on with high torque:

Some fat and all four prepared adapters:

First mounted adapter was a godlike feeling :

After cleaning the overamount of glue and lubricating them with some fat:

Now they have a massive 17 mm diameter axle with reliable strength and usable length instead of the 10 mm short axle stump.

Edited by IceWolf - 27/Sep/2012 at 12:35am

Wolf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>