HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Product Specific > Transmitters and Receivers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Turnigy 8ch V2 RX ( Reciever ) fried / not working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Turnigy 8ch V2 RX ( Reciever ) fried / not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Zahid R View Drop Down
Gold  (PK)
USERID: 910470

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zahid R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turnigy 8ch V2 RX ( Reciever ) fried / not working
    Posted: 29/Aug/2011 at 10:57pm
Well

last evening i was getting ready to go to the field so charging my Nimh 2000mah 4 cell pack. pack was configured so it was connected to a rx switch (I just installed a used one in my plane) then a cable from switch goes to RX and third cable from switch i used to plug charger. before charging i switched off rx switch and then start charging.
when charging completed i unplug the charger, switch on tx and then rx switch. tried to move sticks to see control surfaces movement and amazed to know noting was working.

I pull out rx and there were no light glowing in RX, no static red light, no blinking red light... just nothing. but when i plug the power to rx servos initiated but not working with tx stick movement. Then i try to bind my rx. but after that even servo initialization also gone. it seems that when i plug power to RX after a few second or minute it seems to me a bit warmer.

I open the rx and could not see any burned component. what to do? is there any schematic diagram available? how to fix it ?

will Appreciate you help in this regards.

thanks

Zahid

Edited by Zahid R - 29/Aug/2011 at 11:00pm
Zahid R View Drop Down
Gold  (PK)

Quote Zahid R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Aug/2011 at 11:46pm
kanga View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 587958
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote kanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Aug/2011 at 5:00am
Good time to upgrade it with a Frsky module and receiver :)

Frsky Link

Edited by kanga - 30/Aug/2011 at 5:03am
Zahid R View Drop Down
Gold  (PK)

Quote Zahid R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Aug/2011 at 1:12pm
what is the benifit of doing that Kanga ?
kanga View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote kanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Aug/2011 at 4:29pm
The Frsky system is a more secure link and the telemetry is real nice to have on a model, I use it to monitor the lipo voltages in real time.
There is also a good range of receivers from Frsky to choose from as well.
Sadly it sure sounds like your original receiver is dead .
The original Turnigy receiver is available at Hobbyking fairly cheaply, though if you want to stick with the original. :)

Edited by kanga - 30/Aug/2011 at 7:24pm
klaw81 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 605444
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote klaw81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Aug/2011 at 5:03pm
Or if you don't need 8 channels, you can also use the HobbyKing 6ch V2 receiver, or the 3ch one for delta wings. They're much smaller and lighter than the Turnigy one, and cheaper too.

Edited by klaw81 - 30/Aug/2011 at 5:04pm
Zahid R View Drop Down
Gold  (PK)

Quote Zahid R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Sep/2011 at 9:25pm
Thanks guys... yes i learned the lesson should have multiple rx in hand, and also i will review and see if i also go for upgrade to frsky in future... firs will need to figure out how to cut the orignal turnigy module wire and make some kind of connection that can be plug and un plug while also could able to use frsky for my expensive models.
Zahid R View Drop Down
Gold  (PK)

Quote Zahid R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Sep/2011 at 9:37pm
But i would love to try to repair this dead rx as well if could find the schematic diagram of this receiver
Zahid R View Drop Down
Gold  (PK)

Quote Zahid R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Sep/2011 at 5:19pm
Is there any way one can use both system turnigy 9x as well as frsky using some kind of toggle switch. ??
kanga View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote kanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Sep/2011 at 5:33pm
If you are handy and creative you can turn the turnigy module into a self contained unit like the frsky module is with the antenna attached to the module . Thats what I did but you need to be very skillfull at soldering to re attach the antenna cable to the module circuit board.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>