Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
trumpy View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 386740
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Online Status: Offline
  Quote trumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Sep/2011 at 8:55pm
Pleasure Ian , I think the modelling community owes you( and Joondalup H.) a debt for taking the gamble on a HK franchise and bringing reality pricing to a storefront , something Australia has never really seen .

I just really hope the modellers of Sydney and Perth get behind you both and reward the faith you have in changing the boundaries

If you werent 10 hours north of me I'd be there with bells on !

Edited by trumpy - 07/Sep/2011 at 9:18pm
Trumpy!
Does anybody know how to cancel a bid on e-Bay?
I put in a bid for a “Cowboy Outfit” and it seems I’m only six minutes away from owning the Australian Labor Government !
trumpy View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 386740
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote trumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Sep/2011 at 11:36pm
Man O Man O Maaaannnn , the trumpster is shaking his head in disbelief here !
If ever anyone needed a classic example of WHY we need HK and HK storefronts here in Australia I just found it !!!

Here is a one of the more (ahem) "notable " Hobby stores price on the ACME TROOPER ( read HK Trooper ) Now this particular store is a well established Icon in the Perth area , and yes I have been there in person a few years back
I will let the two prices do the rest of the talking for me I think
Now admittedly the Acme in Perth does have a lipo and a 2.4 Ghz radio included so please subtract $40 for the radio and $10 for the lipo in the interests of fairness OK?

Acme trooper Perth

HK Trooper Aus warehouse

I would hazard a guess that even the HK storefront doesnt have it priced at Over $300 more ( taking into account the radio and lipo supplied)

Anybody still wondering why Aussie needed a HK?

Trumpy out !

Edited by trumpy - 09/Sep/2011 at 11:42pm
Trumpy!
Does anybody know how to cancel a bid on e-Bay?
I put in a bid for a “Cowboy Outfit” and it seems I’m only six minutes away from owning the Australian Labor Government !
HobbyKingSydney View Drop Down
Dealer  (AU)
USERID: 980526

Quote HobbyKingSydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Sep/2011 at 5:36pm
Hi everyone.

Tonight is the Indoor Flying night at Menai Indoor sports Center.

Come an join the fun every second Saturday of the Month from 6pm till 10pm.
Only $15 to fly, free to watch and we normally have stock for sale at the venue (not tonight though, I could not get there due to renovation commitments but next month for sure so bring you money with you)

Regards

Ian
cptn blinky View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 298454
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote cptn blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Sep/2011 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by trumpy

Man O Man O Maaaannnn , the trumpster is shaking his head in disbelief here !
If ever anyone needed a classic example of WHY we need HK and HK storefronts here in Australia I just found it !!!

Here is a one of the more (ahem) "notable " Hobby stores price on the ACME TROOPER ( read HK Trooper ) Now this particular store is a well established Icon in the Perth area , and yes I have been there in person a few years back
I will let the two prices do the rest of the talking for me I think
Now admittedly the Acme in Perth does have a lipo and a 2.4 Ghz radio included so please subtract $40 for the radio and $10 for the lipo in the interests of fairness OK?

Acme trooper Perth

HK Trooper Aus warehouse

I would hazard a guess that even the HK storefront doesnt have it priced at Over $300 more ( taking into account the radio and lipo supplied)

Anybody still wondering why Aussie needed a HK?

Trumpy out !

Farq well stone the flaming crows.
That is unbloody believable....

Edited by cptn blinky - 10/Sep/2011 at 6:49pm
Right after a spectacular crash, the pilot yelled out ''Channel 35 clear!

Ando01 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1018124
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Ando01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Sep/2011 at 7:58pm
Yeah I know the feeling Trumpy,
my local hobby shop (don't live in a big major city) has the turnigy 9X Tx for sale for a whopping $185.
What the price on HK you ask? $53:79
I don't mind paying a little more for 15 minute down the road local places. But not THAT much!!!!
kewood View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 199982
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote kewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Sep/2011 at 10:03pm
Thanks Ian, got my planes, busy building now, are you going to get any of the new SK3 Turnigy Motors ?? HK are a bit slow they are manufacturing these in house now, stock should not be a problem from now on I hope.

I am Ballarat Victoria, so poss will never get to visit your shop, but never know, the post is very quick keep up the good work, the Hobby needs people like HOBBY KING, to make this hobby affordable,

Kevin.
Monty Burns View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 489512
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Monty Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Oct/2011 at 2:20pm
Anyone with any history dealing with OMP and ME knows how arrogant and rude these organisations are. Well done Ian and the HK boys for showing us how much we have been overcharged. Hopefully we will see Farnham take his little OS engines somewhere else soon and theres always hope OMP will actually have an item IN STOCK on their 1986 style website sometime soon.

Well done...more of it

Originally posted by trumpy

And who says the Big 4 aren't worried about hk ?

Amazing isnt it , that a supplier can cut off a shop purely on guilt by assosciation .

For those who dont know ( and kudos to Syd HK for being above the name and shame , however I am not a model hobby shop owner and dont have to play by their rules )
Spektrum in Australia is distributed by OMP ( O'Reilly Model Products ) out of Adelaide , but dont be too harsh on them , cos you can guarantee they have been pressured by Horizon Hobby in the Good Ol' US of A , who supplies them

I am not a Spektrum user , but if I was I would be drafting a letter or two to O.M.P. asking if that action of failure to supply goes against the Trades Practices and ACCC

The following is taken direct and verbatim from the ACCC website
.....................................................................................
"When is refusal to deal illegal?

There are only a few circumstances that make a refusal to deal illegal under the Competition and Consumer Act, which relate to anticompetitive conduct. Sometimes, an illegal refusal to deal is prohibited outright, other times it is subject to a competition test.

Below are some examples of refusal-to-deal conduct that may be illegal.
Agreements involving competitors

If such agreements restrict the supply of goods they are prohibited if they have the purpose or effect of substantially lessening competition in a market in which the businesses operate.

Primary boycotts

These are agreements between two or more competitors to refuse to deal, or limit dealings with another supplier or particular customer, or a class of competitor or customer. They are illegal.

Secondary boycotts

These generally occur when two persons together engage in conduct that hinders or prevents a third person from supplying to, or acquiring goods or services from, a fourth person. They are prohibited if their purpose is to cause substantial loss or damage to a business, or a substantial lessening of competition in a market.

Misuse of market power

This is when a firm with a substantial degree of power in a particular market (by market share or otherwise) takes advantage of that power for the purpose of damaging other businesses by refusing to deal or by offering to do business on such unrealistic terms that it borders on refusal to deal. However, this does not mean that the supplier has to supply everyone. The onus is on the customer to show that the supplier’s action was taken with the purpose of deterring or preventing the business or class of business from entering or competing in that market.

Exclusive dealing

When this occurs it is generally one person trading with another and imposing restrictions on the other’s freedom to choose with whom, or in what, it deals.
For more information on refusal to deal

For further information on your rights and obligations under the Act related to refusal to deal, please see the ACCC's Refusal to Deal guide or call the ACCC's Small business helpline on 1300 302 021. "

Points in bold indicate where this practice may be deemed illegal

Sorry to hijack the HKSyd thread LOL
But if I were a Spektrum customer I would be pretty mad , there was little you could do when they stopped HK in China carrying products , but when they use the same influence over a LHS franchise here in Aussie , its getting a bit rough .

Purely for your information
O'Reilly Model Products Pty Ltd
Hobbies & Model Construction Supplies--W'salers & Mfrs - Lonsdale, SA
53 Ellemsea Cct, Lonsdale SA 5160, Australia
Phone number(08) 8186 0899

The carpark at the power plant suits EDF jets....EXCELLENT !!!
kewood View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 199982
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote kewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Oct/2011 at 8:26pm
Hello Ian,
Advise if you have any Viper-90 in next shipment from HK please,

regards,
Kevin   (Kewood)
HobbyKingSydney View Drop Down
Dealer  (AU)
USERID: 980526

Quote HobbyKingSydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Oct/2011 at 8:20pm
Hi Kevin

Have a look at the AUS warehouse and you will see the Viper on about page 11

We may see them in the store soon.

Regards

Ian

Edited by HobbyKingSydney - 12/Oct/2011 at 8:20pm
spargs View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1275254

Quote spargs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Apr/2012 at 4:02pm
an anybody tell me when HK Caringbah is going to re open. I was assured it was to be the first week of April 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>