Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sabrehawk View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 41908
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sabrehawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Krick Lisa M.
    Posted: 26/Jun/2009 at 8:58pm
Howdy folks, well I got me a boat finally, and I settled on a german made kit from a very reputable maker named Krick. The boat is the Lisa M.
I have built one of Krick's aircraft kits back in the 80's and it was their "Klemm L-25D" and was a very pleasurable build and so when I saw this boat at Cornwall Model Boats in the UK, I went for it.
I hope HK doesnt mind this, but they shouldnt since I see there still arent any scale boats in their lineup as yet, nor are there any parts nor stuff for them either. This boat comes with its own brushed 480 motor and all the hardware needed. It just arrived yesterday, so I have not yet fully started construction, but did get everyting laid out, and studied it's intstructions and assembled the boat stand last night. then it was time to hit the sack.Sleepy
Here she is, this is gonn be a pleasureable build I think. and its been since the 70's since I built a boat.
Much more to come of course.Wink
Chuck.

All laid out

The plans

And a pic of how she will finish out, I think I'll go with this paint scheme, as I like it quite well. And yes I did get the dinghy as well, she wouldnt be complete without it.

Ok, till later............happy sailing.Big smile
dude7422 View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 156650
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote dude7422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Jun/2009 at 3:25am
you going to float that boat in your bath tub when done building  keep posting photos of build sabrehawk
W3FJW Ron View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 63218
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Quote W3FJW Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Jun/2009 at 5:14pm
What's the length Chuck? Might be fun to run it through the locks just to be able to say you've done it.
Best Regards
I can only remember half of what I say....
I used to walk on water 'til I found out it was more fun sitting in the boat drinking beer

Ron
Sabrehawk View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 41908
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Sabrehawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Jul/2009 at 8:06am
Weeel Ronnie, me thinks she be a might small for the locks. 27in length, and 8in. beam.

Nahhh I think I'll be heading for Downtown park in Bellevue. A club has their events there alot. Also thinking that Green Lake would be a nice spot also. And any other small lake or pond should do nicely. Besides I'd rather keep her out any salt water.
I did also get some stuff at the gittin place.(LHS) I got the ESC, its a Pro Boat 40a w/reverse. And it's waterproof. I also got some lighting fixtures from the same HS.
They are very finely made units and scale reproductions of the full scale lights. I got two search lights, the sideboard type nav lites, a stern post type light but will have to go back and get the proper one. I didnt see it on the plans till yesterday, it is located at the center rear of the flying bridge facing the rear. I also got an overhead cabin light.
Not sure yet just how I'll wire, and switch them yet but I am sure I'll power them separately from the main motor/radio system. Main reason being is that the lights are 3v, and I do believe the BEC voltage is 5v so it might not be good for them, even though they'd work, I'd think that they'd burn out quicker.

Ok, well I havent worked on much was too busy getting the new Decathlon ready for its maiden flight, which went off without a hitch BTW, well one hitch actually, I got to prop down a size, and up the battery C rating used.
Yeah, things got a little hot.Wink

But no shutdowns, and landing was a greaser..............Tongue

I did however get the rudder and stuffing box holes drilled, and cut the excess plastic from the upper edge of the hull. Good ole dremel...............Big smile Now I'll be starting on the deck.

Edited by Sabrehawk - 01/Jul/2009 at 8:17am
corsair1 View Drop Down
Retail  (US)
USERID: 206204

Quote corsair1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Mar/2010 at 2:28pm
Hi Folks,
Just joined tonight with a possible unique idea.  Well, maybe not totally unique, but certainly different enough.  A 99% scale-looking boat that will RUN LIKE HELL and hold up well under a magnifier.  First I'd like to hear what some of you are doing.
corsair1

Post Reply Post Reply