Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spitfire2010 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 302824
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict
Dear Leader

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spitfire2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Feb/2012 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Dragevo

You will get used to the size real quick, soon you'll want an even bigger one.   

It looks cool. It's just so impressive. Not a fan of the covering but I can live with that. I don't know where I'm going to store this one let alone something bigger.

Edited by spitfire2010 - 22/Feb/2012 at 6:33pm
MAAA why won't you allow AMAS members to fly at MAAA fields? Criminal really.
Logger View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 39974
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2012 at 3:33am
Anyone tried to put a RCG 26 cc in this plane. Looks like it is about 20mm to long so the carb would have to be put through the firewall. Any ideas from anyone who has seen the plane? Will this work? Or should I just bite the bullet and get a RCG 20cc that looks like it would fit?
Charter member, Alaskans for Global Warming
WildeOne View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 198588

Quote WildeOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2012 at 3:37am
I have both motors, and the 20cc is plenty strong enough and itself will be a somewhat tight fit, but OK. The 26 is way too big in my opinion, and more motor than the plane needs, unless you want 3D performance, in which case you have the wrong plane anyway. But I guess some guys always want every plane WAY overpowered.

Edited by WildeOne - 24/Feb/2012 at 3:38am
Mustang Sally View Drop Down
Platinum  (AE)
USERID: 52654
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Mustang Sally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2012 at 4:36am
Logger, don't forget this hobby is about modelling, you want to put that 26 in, you just build it in an make some mods. The RCG26 has rear induction so you will only have to cut out a bit of the firewall, will be better for the carb anyway, the inlet will then get the "cabin" pressure and not the lower pressure usually found inside enclosed cowlings.
A minimal technical knowledge is required for this hobby; please ensure you know the differences between up and down.
Logger View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2012 at 6:44am
The RCG 26cc does not produce a lot more power than the 20cc. I just happen to have one already and thought this plane could handle the extra weight and make a good scale flyer.
spitfire2010 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 302824
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict
Dear Leader

Quote spitfire2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Feb/2012 at 9:18pm
What is the agreed CG starting point?

I've set for 104mm
MAAA why won't you allow AMAS members to fly at MAAA fields? Criminal really.
Logger View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Mar/2012 at 9:42am
Well I received notice that I had a package at the Post Office yesterday and went to pick it up this morning. When I got the package I almost started to cry. There was a taped up hole in the side of the box and the rest of the box looked like it had gone through a rock crusher. I decided to bring it home rather than just rejecting it and to my surprise the plane itself was undamaged. I really don't know how it survived but I am sure happy. I first order this plane from the US warehouse in Oct 2011 and then reordered it from the International warehouse three weeks ago, but it has finally arrived.
simdaddy View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 702392
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote simdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Apr/2012 at 4:15am
Snappy,I realise earlier in this forum you mentioned 97mm as your CG point, have you changed it after all these flights,or have you maintained it at that point ?

Also, what throws do you use on all your control surfaces ?
Slip the surly bonds of earth and dance the skies on laughter-silvered wings.
snappy View Drop Down
Platinum  (IE)
USERID: 73306
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Apr/2012 at 4:22am
I left the CoG as is and kept the controls to the recommender but used aileron differential and mixed ailerons and rudder on the transmitter
   I'm as happy as a very happy sandboy.
simdaddy View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 702392
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote simdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Apr/2012 at 4:25am
Also I notice your fuel tank is not padded ...is that correct?
Slip the surly bonds of earth and dance the skies on laughter-silvered wings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 56>