Can HK market a better glider

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Straight Up View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 18570

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Straight Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can HK market a better glider
    Posted: 11/Mar/2011 at 8:22pm
Hello Hobby King and Mr Anthony Hand,

I truly love what you have done for this hobby.  You have made it affordable and accessible to anyone with a computer.  Your variety is awesome, and your service meets my requirements.

I am an avid glider flyer, but I find the gliders you have available a bit limited (despite your massive range of planes).  They are all relatively high wing-loading planes, best suited to slope flying.  The Canary SQ is a light-weight thermal plane, albeit small and a bit "low tech" with no ailerons or flaps.  If you marketed something like the RCM Pelikan Elegant 700, I am sure you would sell them out, at a healthy profit too!

Your awesome product range sadly lacks larger gliders.  I understand they are expensive to ship, but I'd be prepared to pay, and I'm sure others would too.  The market seems to lack a light-weight larger glider (2.5m+) with flaps and ailerons.  Your friends at R2 Hobbies have not plugged this gap neither.  Hobby King is all about responding to market gaps, so how about it???  Note all the comments on the Canary SQ discussion tab, with people looking for ailerons.  Go on Hobby King - the market is there, and I'm sure someone in China is making something that fits this description.Thumbs Up

Love your work,
Straight Up
All time's wasted what's not spent flying!
trumpy View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 386740
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote trumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Mar/2011 at 6:12am
+1 to all above Thumbs Up

where I live its soooo flat you have to drive a couple of hours to see a slope LOL  But its God's thermal country
Trumpy!
Does anybody know how to cancel a bid on e-Bay?
I put in a bid for a “Cowboy Outfit” and it seems I’m only six minutes away from owning the Australian Labor Government !
Platinum  (AU)

Quote Straight Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Mar/2011 at 9:50am
Something like this:

I'm sure they are made in China.  Anthony and co have been excellent at locating the original factories, e.g. the appearance of the Canary SQ at a fraction of the cost of its proprietary version.  Come on Anthony, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
ROSCOJ View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 1063236

Quote ROSCOJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Sep/2011 at 11:40pm
HEY ! YOU SOUND OLD ENOUGH TO BE SMARTER. IF YOUR STILL OUT THERE USE H.K.s TECH GEAR TO BUILD A DREAM. MY 1950s (imported from england replica caprice - EX KEILL CRAFT )IS STILL KISSING ME FOR FITTING UP MODERN MINI R.C. GEAR. NO MORE BURNT TAILPLANES FROM FUSES. I JUST LY BACK & TWICH IT WHEN IT RUNS OFF COURSE. BUILD YOUR OWN REAL ONE AND PICK H.K.sBEST MINI GEAR. (NO LEAD NOSEWEIGHT AND ALL FUNCTIONS) IM STILL THINKING OF FITTING A NOSE CANNON TO REMOVE ELECTRIC WARBIRDS LIKE MY DREAM MACHINE MOSQUITOE FROM H.K. TOP MODEL ! THANKS H.K. COULDNT FIND ONE IN (THE SHOPS).
DUHH,HELP,BILL GATES AND MACCAS.ANY INTELLIGENCE OUT THERE,
Blind Vision View Drop Down
Platinum  (DK)
USERID: 52464
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
ADMIN

Quote Blind Vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Sep/2011 at 11:50pm
I would love to see a glider with a as big a possible span (that would fit standard shipping pallets BUT with a 3 part wing, that would make it about 3.5 meters.
Done in all GFK, with a Carbon reinforced wing -to make it strong and fast for winch launching.
I might be back agian - like it or hate it
Blind Vision View Drop Down
Platinum  (DK)
USERID: 52464
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
ADMIN

Quote Blind Vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Sep/2011 at 12:00am
-or maybe even larger, with a 4 part wing.

Just a performance glider, not a scale one (though is hurts me as a scale fan, I would love to have a Super good performing glider)
I might be back agian - like it or hate it
Platinum  (AU)

Quote Straight Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Sep/2011 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by ROSCOJ

HEY ! YOU SOUND OLD ENOUGH TO BE SMARTER. IF YOUR STILL OUT THERE USE H.K.s TECH GEAR TO BUILD A DREAM. MY 1950s (imported from england replica caprice - EX KEILL CRAFT )IS STILL KISSING ME FOR FITTING UP MODERN MINI R.C. GEAR. NO MORE BURNT TAILPLANES FROM FUSES. I JUST LY BACK & TWICH IT WHEN IT RUNS OFF COURSE. BUILD YOUR OWN REAL ONE AND PICK H.K.sBEST MINI GEAR. (NO LEAD NOSEWEIGHT AND ALL FUNCTIONS) IM STILL THINKING OF FITTING A NOSE CANNON TO REMOVE ELECTRIC WARBIRDS LIKE MY DREAM MACHINE MOSQUITOE FROM H.K. TOP MODEL ! THANKS H.K. COULDNT FIND ONE IN (THE SHOPS).

Hey! You sound like you're depriving a village of an idiot! Did you even click the link I provided? Back in your box, moron.
3D 4 Life View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 276344

Quote 3D 4 Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Feb/2012 at 11:23pm
F3J Gliders of any kind would be great!
LUNDY View Drop Down
Platinum  (BE)
USERID: 500564
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote LUNDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Feb/2012 at 4:22am
Originally posted by Straight Up

Something like this:
I'm sure they are made in China.  Anthony and co have been excellent at locating the original factories, e.g. the appearance of the Canary SQ at a fraction of the cost of its proprietary version.  Come on Anthony, .YOU CAN DO IT!!!!Hey! You sound like you're depriving a village of an idiot! Did you even click the link I provided? Back in your box, moron

Hey Straight Up what do you want to show ? your link is not working ,most likely eaten by the moron's.
Not Found
The requested URL /old/index.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) Server at www.rcm-pelikan.cz Port 80      

Edited by LUNDY - 27/Feb/2012 at 4:26am
I live my life in the time that I have left ,and wait for the inevitable .
And if they miss me when my day has come.... Don't wait for me , I'm flying !
 Post Reply Post Reply